Low Tech: LeafZone vs. Seachem Flourish + Potassium - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lightbulb Low Tech: LeafZone vs. Seachem Flourish + Potassium

I am always trying to help my friends with their aquariums and pushing free cuttings on them, many have success but need just a little something extra for the plants. Lately I have been giving out tiny bottles to friends, one of Flourish Comp and one of Potassium (both Seachem products). I have them dose the Potassium at the same ratio as the Flourish directions (which is actually half the recommended level according to the Potassium directions). For example for 5 gallons it would be 0.4mL of Flourish and 0.8mL of Potassium but I would have them use only 0.4mL of Potassium. I really want to mix the Flourish and Potassium together for them but I am not sure how stable the storage would be? I have seen the API LeafZone which says it contains iron and potassium but I am not sure it has the rest of the traces Flourish has, and possibly may even have more iron than Flourish contains. Personally I do not give them any of my Seachem Iron because I feel the Flourish has enough iron and I only use it independently because I have red plants which imo is creeping out of the low tech range of the hobby.

So what do you think?

-Switch them over to LeafZone

-Mix the Seachem Flourish & Potassium

-Keep using Flourish & Potassium separately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Have another idea, what about just using root tabs with Excel? I do the root tabs, they do the Excel. Only thing is I found the tabs to make the tank swing at first which complicates things on them, since it affects the water column too in a small tank. Personally I do not use root tabs in any of my tanks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode