Should I Switch to Dry Fertilizers - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Should I Switch to Dry Fertilizers

I have a 60 gallon with 4 t5ho lights and a gla co2 system i am currently using many liquid fertilizers but they are expensive. So ive been looking into dry ferts and i found out that gla sells them would the pps pro pack be a good one to buy. Should i follow the instructions they provide or is there a better recipe to follow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedpatrick View Post
I have a 60 gallon with 4 t5ho lights and a gla co2 system i am currently using many liquid fertilizers but they are expensive. So ive been looking into dry ferts and i found out that gla sells them would the pps pro pack be a good one to buy. Should i follow the instructions they provide or is there a better recipe to follow.
Aquarium Fertilizer | NilocG Aquatics

Here you go....
PPS PRO is catered towards a specific tank, so the "recipe" will change depending on the tank, I'd go with the Estimated Index.

Just a noob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Planted Member

I would definitely recommend switching to dry ferts. It is so much cheaper than the pre-mixed liquid solutions. There are many places you can buy them, like GLA or through Nilocg. I don't know much about the PPS pro pack but I'm sure it would be good. It just depends on whether you want to use the PPS dosing method or another one like Estimative Index (EI). I would recommend researching both PPS and EI and decide which would work better for you before you buy anything. There is a lot of information out there on each of them. There is no one correct way to do it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Yes. Go ei.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Should I Switch to Dry Fertilizers

Alright seems like the ei will be a lot better so I'll go for that instead. Thanks for the help. One more question do I dose straight into the tank or mix it with water first then dose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedpatrick View Post
Alright seems like the ei will be a lot better so I'll go for that instead. Thanks for the help. One more question do I dose straight into the tank or mix it with water first then dose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can do it either way, before I made solutions I would dilute it in water first.

Just a noob

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode