• 4 Post By Oso Polar
  • 4 Post By houseofcards
  • 2 Post By sfshrimp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
EI and Dosing Calculators

Currently I'm using PPS but I am considering switching to EI. However, I'm totally lost. I've looked at a couple of different calculators and they spit out different amounts which makes no sense to me. One I've seen mentioned here a few times, Rotala Butterly, only seems to take into account one fert at a time which doesn't seem particuarly helpful if, like me, you aren't entirely sure how to balance multiple ferts together.

I'm wanting to use a solution for ease of use. Just seems easier to dump a set solution in each day rather than opening multiple containers and measuring fractions of teaspoons every day. But I am open to suggestions on this.

These are the ferts I have on hand along with 1 liter dosing bottles:
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4
MgSO4
CSMB

So I was thinking about dosing 10-15 mL per day, but I just got lost on how much of which ones to use. As mentioned, Rotala only does one at a time. AquariumCalculators says to only use KNO3 and KH2PO4 along with the traces. So can someone point me in the right direction here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you use Windows, download Zorfox's Planted Tank Calculator: Zorfox's Planted Tank Calculator

Far better than any online calculators available and the author is a member of this forum.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Banned

PTrader: (73/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidikron View Post

KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4
MgSO4
CSMB
I don't make a liquid solution, but what I do is the take the 3 macros (po4,no3, k2so4) I don't dose mgso4. and I add them in the correct ratios to a plastic container, shake it up so it's mixed. I then just take one amount and dose the tank every other day and the csmb same thing.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidikron View Post
Currently I'm using PPS but I am considering switching to EI. However, I'm totally lost. I've looked at a couple of different calculators and they spit out different amounts which makes no sense to me. One I've seen mentioned here a few times, Rotala Butterly, only seems to take into account one fert at a time which doesn't seem particuarly helpful if, like me, you aren't entirely sure how to balance multiple ferts together.

I'm wanting to use a solution for ease of use. Just seems easier to dump a set solution in each day rather than opening multiple containers and measuring fractions of teaspoons every day. But I am open to suggestions on this.

These are the ferts I have on hand along with 1 liter dosing bottles:
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4
MgSO4
CSMB

So I was thinking about dosing 10-15 mL per day, but I just got lost on how much of which ones to use. As mentioned, Rotala only does one at a time. AquariumCalculators says to only use KNO3 and KH2PO4 along with the traces. So can someone point me in the right direction here?
I had this same problem. I am using this recipe:
Dosing Instructions
Vidikron and Vidikron like this.

This user is permanently banned for creating drama and threatening the moderation team. We have zero tolerance for this nonsense. 10/24/2019.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thanks for the input. This helps a lot. I do have one more question specifically about micros. Do you guys do the full EI dose for micros? I ran across another thread here where someone was saying they don't do full EI on micros. I guess because of the toxicity question?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode