• 2 Post By Savetheplants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to mcdanielnc89
Aquarium Note Application

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure how useful this would be for you all, but it has certainly helped me along the way. Especially with the issues I've been having this time around. Have you ever heard of Aquarium Note? Me either, until a few weeks ago. Since I've been able to test it and use it I have no complaints with it. It makes logging your parameters simple, adding dosage requirements, adding your expenses for plants, fish, etc, and seeing graphs! It's super fly! You can even add your own custom parameter's to it if they don't have them listed already. If you are one who would be interest in this, Head on over to your App store on your phone and give it a whirl! Like I said, I haven't found any issues with it as of yet. Let me know what you guys think of it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 05:06 AM
Algae Grower

I made my own stat sheet on Evernote with little check boxes for my parameters. Half of the people at Planted Tank don't test unless there is a problem. Some of them never test. I guess they never have problems or just know the right thing to do when a problem arises without having to test. I still haven't quite dialed in my EI dosing although I think I'm getting close. My Phosphate level is in line (no more green spot algae,) and I have a handle on Potassium. I reduced my Nitrate to fight algae but I think that was a mistake because my Anubias just sprouted a yellow wilted leaf. The algae was caused by too much light. Now I have to bump up the Nitrate. I don't think an app would have helped me with all of this. I pretty well remember the amounts of light, CO2 and nutrients that I have applied. Sounds fun. But maybe not necessary with just one tank.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savetheplants View Post
I made my own stat sheet on Evernote with little check boxes for my parameters. Half of the people at Planted Tank don't test unless there is a problem. Some of them never test. I guess they never have problems or just know the right thing to do when a problem arises without having to test. I still haven't quite dialed in my EI dosing although I think I'm getting close. My Phosphate level is in line (no more green spot algae,) and I have a handle on Potassium. I reduced my Nitrate to fight algae but I think that was a mistake because my Anubias just sprouted a yellow wilted leaf. The algae was caused by too much light. Now I have to bump up the Nitrate. I don't think an app would have helped me with all of this. I pretty well remember the amounts of light, CO2 and nutrients that I have applied. Sounds fun. But maybe not necessary with just one tank.

I get it. I run three tanks though, so I just use the app to help maintain things is all. Found it cool, thought I'd share.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:22 AM
Algae Grower

I downloaded the App. I think it's better than my Evernote worksheet.
mcdanielnc89 and mcdanielnc89 like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savetheplants View Post
I downloaded the App. I think it's better than my Evernote worksheet.
Yes indeed. I'm looking it as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode