46G Planted Goldfish tank help me DOSE with PMDDPremix + MKP(MonoPotassiumPhosphate) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
46G Planted Goldfish tank help me DOSE with PMDDPremix + MKP(MonoPotassiumPhosphate)

Hello,

Right now i have this planted tank, plants are as follows.

* Water wisteria (lots)
* Aponogetton crispus (some)
* Contortist (Some)
* Red Tiger lotus (Some).
* Marimo balls (two).

You can check video, its sparsely planted but i want to add some more plants which will grow on side and start covering the top corners.

Lights : Going to be 2wpg (upgrading this weekend)

CO2: Going excel till it finishes then will add cylinder (approx in 4-5 months).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnvzDGZGEbI

================================================== =====================
I bought ferts as following on http://aquariumfertilizer.com/ :
*PMDD Pre-Mix (1lb)

PMDD Pre-Mix 1 lb contains 1 part each of following

*Potassium Nitrate (KNO3).
*Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4).
*Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4).
*Plantex CSM+B Which covers following. (micro's i guess)
Total magnesium - water soluble chelated magnesium 1.5%
Copper - chelated 0.1%
Iron - chelated 7.0%
Manganese - chelated 2.0%
Molybdenum 0.06%
Zinc - chelated 0.40%
EDTA - minimum content 55%.

Recommended DOSAGE on the packet as follows:

To use, 1/4 cup PMDD-Premix with 500ml H2O. Dose at 1-4 drops / gallon / day .

* Mono Potassium Phosphate (1lb).

Which is complete part MKP.

Recommended DOSAGE on the packet as follows:

For a Phosphorous solution like store-bought ones, add to 1 liter distilled H20 3/4th tsp MKP.
The result will be a solution of ~0.3%P2SO4.

================================================== =====================

So Experienced users here please help me decide the correct way to dose this tank.

Now here is my plan to prepare.

Preparation for PMDD_Bottle :
1 500 ml clean empty plastic bottle , fill it with distilled water and ~1ml HCL solution drops (pool acid) to neutralize it for algae prevention. After 10-15 minutes , take this water out in Bigger 1 litre empty bottle add 4 tablespoon (bigger spoon , not the teaspoon) of Premix PMDD And mix it in the water, shake well till everything in the water dissolves. pour it back in the 500ml bottle , I have some small 200 ml bottle too, I will fill some in this bottle too and keep it besides the tank.

DOSING:
2 ml 3x week.

Preparation for MKP_Bottle:
No effing IDEA , how to prepare 500 ml bottle??

DOSING:
uhh???? no idea right now .

BTW I did search for instructions here and got lots of EI method, no real thread only for PMDD preix and I see lots of threads but with lots of arguments instead of proper portions. EI is there but i am not sure that is for PMDD , i think its not same , so this new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I got a reply here in email but on this page, there is no reply. where did it go? am i seeing things?

So i got pointed to https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/fe...ml#post1035763

Now Should i not make solution from Premix PMDD ? i just kinda did . someone help me.

I am going to dry-dose MKP but cannot decide on portion, need help in that too.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I have no idea why did someone reply me with that link.

I have no KH2PO4 (Potassium phosphate if i am right) in Premix PMDD and I did not order it separately too. I am not going to mix MKP in Premix bottle too? Where am i going wrong? Please please please correct me if I am going wrong somewhere.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)
Most people here use the EI method. I think the person that sent you that link was just giving you that info without reading your full post and just making sure that you didn't make that mistake and mixed them together even though you didn't mention KH2PO4.

The only advice I can give is just follow the directions that came with your mix. You are in for allot of testing with PMDD, IMO, hence why the EI method is very popular.

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

is EI is so popular, why doesnt anyone sell EI kit? or if there is some seller like that, i would like to know.

anyway, i already started dosing my mix and i will dry dose MKP 3xweek . i really didnt much help on any forum , except on barr-report where one user Tug simply kept telling me to get more KNO3 and something else, which already is there in PMDD.

anyway. sigh* will update as necessary.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman View Post
is EI is so popular, why doesnt anyone sell EI kit? or if there is some seller like that, i would like to know.

anyway, i already started dosing my mix and i will dry dose MKP 3xweek . i really didnt much help on any forum , except on barr-report where one user Tug simply kept telling me to get more KNO3 and something else, which already is there in PMDD.

anyway. sigh* will update as necessary.
There is no need for an "EI kit" because it simply consists of a few chemicals, namely potassium nitrate, potassium (dihydrogen) phosphate and the trace mix. You can add other chemicals such as the GH booster (consisting of potassium sulfate, calcium sulfate and magnesium (heptahydrate) sulfate), but this really depends on your water chemistry.

Many people that sell fertilizers will also sell these three chemicals separately.

I am not sure what you refer to when you say "MKP". No such thing exists, as far as I know.

Many people do not use PMDD because a) it is an outdated method of dosing, b) it does not contain the phosphate content that plants require and c) much testing is required in order to get the correct nutrient levels.

While you can correct b) by adding phosphate, you still have the problem of addressing the correct nutrient levels.

Whiel EI dosing usually refers to "dry dosing" there is also a method of "wet dosing" while following the EI regimen. This is the so called "EI dosing method with PMDD style dosing" whereby you make a certain concentration of the fertilizer solutions and add on a daily basis.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

okay i understand. I have written a really long/boring/tedious original post and people simply cant get through it all to reply/guide me.

As you can see in the original post and even the TITLE ITSELF , MKP = mono potassium phosphate, i got it separately because i read, PMDD believe adding phosphate to tank promotes algae and tom barr and many others have debunked it and thats why instead of simply getting Plantex CSM+B and then some more chemicals i got PMDD which has other things + CSM+B (as stated in original post) And also got MKP. as i got MKP as you said to fillup the phosphate deficiency just by dosing PMDD.

anyway, i did not expect so much grief for ordering PMDD. i really feel was sold very wrong product by aquarium-fertilizers if its such a wrong method to plant a tank, if its such a wrong method to dose tanks I dont know why arent there sticky warnings NOT TO BUY IT ?

before i loose my interest in dosing dry-ferts, i am going to stop looking for any help regarding PMDD. i will go by what the packet says and be done with it.

thanks for all who tried to help me in whatever way they could.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Hi,

EI method is so popular b/c it works for most folks Try it.

"Ich Hatte Einen Kameraden"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman View Post
okay i understand. I have written a really long/boring/tedious original post and people simply cant get through it all to reply/guide me.

As you can see in the original post and even the TITLE ITSELF , MKP = mono potassium phosphate, i got it separately because i read, PMDD believe adding phosphate to tank promotes algae and tom barr and many others have debunked it and thats why instead of simply getting Plantex CSM+B and then some more chemicals i got PMDD which has other things + CSM+B (as stated in original post) And also got MKP. as i got MKP as you said to fillup the phosphate deficiency just by dosing PMDD.

anyway, i did not expect so much grief for ordering PMDD. i really feel was sold very wrong product by aquarium-fertilizers if its such a wrong method to plant a tank, if its such a wrong method to dose tanks I dont know why arent there sticky warnings NOT TO BUY IT ?

before i loose my interest in dosing dry-ferts, i am going to stop looking for any help regarding PMDD. i will go by what the packet says and be done with it.

thanks for all who tried to help me in whatever way they could.
A revised version of PMDD for daily type dosing +PO4 is detailed here:
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...tyle-EI-dosing

and the UKAPS's: might be simpler and another way to think about it:

http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/PMDD.htm

Daily, 2-3x a week, richer sediments etc, whatever gets it done, really does not matter.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode