"no fertilizers" for me too - The Planted Tank Forum
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
"no fertilizers" for me too

Hi everyone,I am very excited to tell you about something I discovered by accident that may change everything you think you know about plants in aquaria.I had a 40 gallon tank that was overrun with algae and a sword that had bba,hair,green spot and diatoms and i accidentally dropped some of this in the tank and in just 4 minutes the algae was gone and the sword looked brand new.It was late so I went to bed but an hour later my dog was whining so i got up to find the sword had grown to 5 feet and was trying to drag my dog into the tank,well I took a machete and saved him and realized that I would have to experiment with this stuff to find the right way to use it,you may be asking what it is and how to use it but I won't tell you that because us Americans are to stupid to read anything over two lines so I would be wasting my time.By the way you Canadians aint that smart either.You have beautiful tanks with healthy plants and fish but you have to actually work a little by putting in those terrible ferts and co2 when just a few drops of "this" and your all set.Oh and don't get me started on the Japanese.So I will leave you now and after about 25 pages of replies you still won't know anything about this because I can't put it in 10 words or less so you could understand it and by the way this is all because of my writing style,i have to form the words in my head than write them down so please excuse me for that otherwise I could just explain what I'm talking about so you dummies could understand it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Me thinks someone has anger issues.
Jeff5614, Jeff5614, m9090 and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncon View Post
Me thinks someone has anger issues.
It's what happens when an infidel comes along and blasphemes the sacred.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”

Hi Doogy262,

I'm sure your post is all in good fun. However sometimes something better comes along and we ignore it until it is proven to our satisfaction; it wasn't that long ago that it was believed that 'LEDs cannot grow plants".

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1X 59W Fluval Plant (3.0); 45 Gallon Tall, 1X 46W Fluval Plant (3.0); 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 & (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
There is a self help group out there just for people who have such problems.
It's called Narcodics Anonymous. And if a sword plant that I had appeared to
grow 5 feet in one hr I'd likely commit myself.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”

Hi Doogy262,

I'm sure your post is all in good fun. However sometimes something better comes along and we ignore it until it is proven to our satisfaction; it wasn't that long ago that it was believed that 'LEDs cannot grow plants".
It was meant mostly for fun but you have to admit that when someone comes on with this type of thing and offers no answers and no real replies to peoples questions that is just not right.If something better comes along i will embrace it but tell me what is it because after 13 pages i still don't know.
AWolf and AWolf like this.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
See a sword grow 5 ft in an hour must be some good drugs.

75G Seachem Flourite

20H Seachem Flourite with DIY Canopy/Cooling System

10G Low Tech Shrimp Tank - Archive

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

If there is a way to make Amazon swords grow 5 feet in a short amount of time, I'm digging a moat around my house and putting gators in it. They can hide among the swords. LOL
GrampsGrunge and GrampsGrunge like this.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Damn it, two minutes of my life I can't get back.
KC1994 and KC1994 like this.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
If I was The Doctor, I'd be running around with my Sonic Screwdriver trying to figure out why a localized Time Compression Bubble Anomaly was centered on one of my Aquariums.

Could only mean one thing, Aquatic Daleks.

Starting small, keeping it simple..(?)
250 gallon stock tank, "pond"
20 gallon H CBS Shrimp tank

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
Whats becoming of the times and forums where all it is is mocking and trolling each other trying to advance, teach, or learn more into this hobby.
Shame on you OP...
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Let me know when a machete is required to beat down the DHG.
Or that sp. japan turns into 1" diameter vine.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
It was meant mostly for fun but you have to admit that when someone comes on with this type of thing and offers no answers and no real replies to peoples questions that is just not right.If something better comes along i will embrace it but tell me what is it because after 13 pages i still don't know.
I agree, and also see where Niko is a chemist and biologist, so offering up discovery in a succinct and logical manner should be his strength. That is why the hair went up on the back of my neck as well. I still believe that he was trying to prop up a product, but it went sour, so he moved in another ambiguous, even more 'mystical' direction. I call 'em like I see 'em. Niko's writing makes the reader feel like a fool, because it makes circular arguments that encompass generalities, not specifics. Then he justifies that by saying it's the reader's fault for not understanding why he can't name specifics. It's insulting. So I find the lighthearted jokes appropriate, since Niko showed such bad form for someone of his supposed caliber.
Doogy262 and Doogy262 like this.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 AM
Banned

PTrader: (73/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrungOut View Post
Whats becoming of the times and forums where all it is is mocking and trolling each other trying to advance, teach, or learn more into this hobby.
Shame on you OP...
I don't have really any issue with the OP. I mean I try to treat everyone fairly, try to help people from my experience and can back up everything I say. Whether it's a question about EI, lighting, filtration, photography, I have or have had the setups and/or pictures to prove it. I find Niko comes across as the authority on what's wrong with the hobby, particularly in America, but he never puts these "theories" to practical use and doesn't have any thing of his own to show for it. He shows other people's setups (that are limited at best) or shows professional ADA setups from the gallery that he admires and ridicules at the same time.

Whether your are a fan of EI or not. Barr backs up his information with his own setups as does ADA and others. When you preach like Niko does, you need to back it up, with clear proof not the constant riddles and insulting demeanor that accompany all his posts. It's not surprising that a thread like this gets started.
burr740, burr740, AWolf and 5 others like this.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 01:13 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
I don't have really any issue with the OP. I mean I try to treat everyone fairly, try to help people from my experience and can back up everything I say. Whether it's a question about EI, lighting, filtration, photography, I have or have had the setups and/or pictures to prove it. I find Niko comes across as the authority on what's wrong with the hobby, particularly in America, but he never puts these "theories" to practical use and doesn't have any thing of his own to show for it. He shows other people's setups (that are limited at best) or shows professional ADA setups from the gallery that he admires and ridicules at the same time.

Whether your are a fan of EI or not. Barr backs up his information with his own setups as does ADA and others. When you preach like Niko does, you need to back it up, with clear proof not the constant riddles and insulting demeanor that accompany all his posts. It's not surprising that a thread like this gets started.
This is supposed to be about gayness and encouragement. I don't think that Niki posted to just have a bunch of ppl attack him. We should be helping giving out hugs and so on. Niko is no barr, I'm surprised the comparison

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode