blasting co2 and no change drop checker - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
blasting co2 and no change drop checker

Alright so i know a drop checker can mislead but can also help..but any how down to the point 40b, with a ray 2 sitting on the rim (no feet), EI Dose dry ferts, 20lb co2 bottle, eheim 2215, with chinese inline diffuser, inline heater, & lilly pipes..ok so I am literally blasting my tank with co2 i cant count how fast the bubbles are going in the counter...i just got the co2 tank a few days and how it set up the same day..I started the bubble counter out slow and did the waiting I see no change the following day I turned it up a little more still no change..the next day i really turned it up some more waited still see no change and see no stress in the fish at all.. I see no bubbles coming out the pipes no fine mist or any thing..I know this diffuser doesnt fully break it down..its very weird..when i had my 24oz paintball set up I saw at least a fine mist coming out the pipes.. i checked for holes in the line I see nothing..did the water soap to make sure no leaks..so with the new 20lb i see no change in the drop checker its a dark blue...when I had the 24oz it at least changed to a dark mid green color..didnt want to push to much since the bottle was little and would have to refill faster...any ways I have no clue what to do...any suggestions or help!! also I have changed the fluid in the drop checker..but ya any help or suggestions would be great...also ill post pictures/video tonight of every thing for a better visual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
If you can't count the bubbles and see nothing coming out of your diffuser then you have a leak before it enters the tank.

Most likely you have a plugged diffuser causing a leak on the output of the bubble counter when the pressure gets high enough.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorfox View Post
If you can't count the bubbles and see nothing coming out of your diffuser then you have a leak before it enters the tank.

Most likely you have a plugged diffuser causing a leak on the output of the bubble counter when the pressure gets high enough.

Mmm ya that's makes some sense..once I get off work I'll check that and see if that helps

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorfox View Post

Well I think I found my problem..it was my bubble counter..I really sat down and look through the parts...the diffuser looked fine...but I notice that when I turned down my bubble counter it would just stop producing bubbles until there was enough pressure backed up that it pop the tubing right off my check vals..I have two one set up before bubble counter and one after..well the one before the bubble counter was the one that blew..so I took it apart pushed a needle through the bubble counter i had to use a little force because there's a built in check valve...so it looks like that one inside is getting stuck..I mean I even tried blowing through it and it still wasn't releasing air which it weird..but even would I put every thing back to overhear the bubble counter wouldn't produce bubbles any more even if I turned the co2 up it would just pop right off...so it looks like that took a crap on me and I need to get or make a new one

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode