Flourish? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Flourish?

Im very new to this whole fertilizing plants deal. At first i didnt know i needed co2, so i started doing DIY Co2, it helped a bit, but still got algae and not much growth and i would really like the algae to go away. Ive read that giving fertz will help the plants out compete the algae. Alot of people seem to use Flourish and Excel. But ive read that Excel is a carbon source, but if i have Co2 already do i need it? Also will these things kill shrimp, or is it safe as long as i stick to dosing correctly. Will i need any other fertilizers? Or can i get a nice clean aquarium with these Flourish products?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
You are correct on the excel its just a carbon source but its also good to have some of it. Excel can kill some algae when you spot dose. You are going to need Kno3, KH2P04, K2S04 some trace and iron. Forgot to add I am dosing 3 times the amount of ferts and I have a few shrimps they look like they are doing good .

Filstar pimp#48

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24g Aquapod 60w led Pressurized co2 paintball system DIY blacked out stand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Can i get those other things at Petco?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)
How much light do you have? Your algae can be coming from a combination of too much light, lack of ferts, and fluctuating co2. Petco may have the whole fluorish line of npk but alot of us now buy dry ferts and dose that way. There's a few online sources for dry ferts. Gla, aquariumfertilizer.com, and bestaquariumregulator.com are the most common online sources.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode