What to do???? - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: US
Posts: 461
What to do????

I have been using osmocoat In my 75 gallon planted tank since I set it up and it seems to be doing great for the plants I have to trim every week.
BUT!!!! Now that the tank has been set up for a while every time I pull up a plant to sell or to move all of the osmocoat balls are sitting all over the sunstraight and it makes me mad because I'm using eco complete
What does everyone thing about this?
Is there a better fert that I can use that's good for the plants (maybe better then osmocoat) but doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jboone82590 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (65/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboone82590 View Post
I have been using osmocoat In my 75 gallon planted tank since I set it up and it seems to be doing great for the plants I have to trim every week.
BUT!!!! Now that the tank has been set up for a while every time I pull up a plant to sell or to move all of the osmocoat balls are sitting all over the sunstraight and it makes me mad because I'm using eco complete
What does everyone thing about this?
Is there a better fert that I can use that's good for the plants (maybe better then osmocoat) but doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Hi jboone82590;9179561,

Siphon them off the substrate as you do your weekly water change.

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1X 59W Fluval Plant (3.0); 45 Gallon Tall, 1X 46W Fluval Plant (3.0); 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 & (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
Seattle_Aquarist is online now  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: US
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi jboone82590;9179561,

Siphon them off the substrate as you do your weekly water change.
I try that but they don't come up with the vacuum that I had noticed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jboone82590 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:24 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
thedood's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,653
Can you take your finger and push them back down or are we talking a quantity?
Maybe take some excess left over cap material and cover over them?

75G Seachem Flourite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


20H Seachem Flourite with DIY Canopy/Cooling System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


10G Low Tech Shrimp Tank - Archive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by thedood; 05-02-2016 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Content
thedood is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Contra Costa CA
Posts: 11,721
Use root tablets such as Seachem or other company makes specially for aquariums.
Diana is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: US
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Use root tablets such as Seachem or other company makes specially for aquariums.
Will those desalve in the water?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedood View Post
Can you take your finger and push them back down or are we talking a quantity?
Maybe take some excess left over cap material and cover over them?
There is quite a few of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darkblade48; 05-03-2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
jboone82590 is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome