Make your own: All-In-One plant food - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes
  • 6 Post By so19firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Make your own: All-In-One plant food

I've updated my All-In-One calculator with a short video describing the process.
It's super straightforward to make your own comprehensive fertiliser.

AWolf, AWolf, Dropline and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 03:07 AM
Algae Grower

Thanks for sending. I have a heavy fish load so I believe the potassium nitrate would be a bit too much for me. As an alternative, you could substitute potassium sulfate.

Mike
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Thanks for sending. I have a heavy fish load so I believe the potassium nitrate would be a bit too much for me. As an alternative, you could substitute potassium sulfate.

Mike
About 82g using this calculator here

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Thanks for this information, a few quick questions I would imagine I am not the only one thinking about...

1) Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate amounts are based on the amount of water not the mix right?
Example: Let's say I make a batch (I did) for 250ml at 1ml\10g but add enough RODI to bring it up to 500ml (Half Strength needs 2ml\10g).
For that I would require 0.25g Ascorbic Acid & 0.1g Potassium Sorbate based on a 500ml dose to treat the water and raise its ph and other stuff that we are doing with these correct?

2) Should the MICROs really be 40g of CSM plus B and if I lower them do I change the amount of Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate as well?
The amount listed for 500mg is 40g CSM plus B. Everything about the amounts in this mix and the dosing tells me this is aimed at PPS-Pro users. I am switching to PPS-Pro from EI, nothing wrong with EI just not working for me right now. Well when I was looking up for my 1st batch (Before I found this post) I noticed they changed 2 things about the MICROs. First thing is the lowered it to 28.6g and they changed to dose to 0.1ml per 10g about 1/10th. I lowered mine based on that but kept the Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate the dose for 500ml

3) Last, can I add my Iron to this and again do I change the amount of Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate from adding this? (Answer to #1 may nullify the 2nd part of this question)
Using DTPA Fe (10%)

Main Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode