Auto Dosing for EI - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
Auto Dosing for EI

Just wondering if anyone does this. I recently got a JB-4 doser and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about mixing my dry ferts into solutions. Can I mix KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, and CSMB micro mix all into one solution? Thank you all in advance for any help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
I'm not too familiar with your doser, but as it appears to be a peristaltic pump, I assume you can control how much liquid is dosed.

There are various calculators that you can find to make up stock solutions; do note that there is usually an upper limit on solubility (the calculators will warn you when you are reaching this limit).

For mixing, the macronutrients can be mixed together, but the micronutrients should be by themselves. This is because of the potential for iron phosphate to precipitate out when the trace mix is mixed with the potassium phosphate.

Anthony

and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
Awesome this is what I was looking for. Do you have a link to one of the calculators? Thanks for your reply!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Online calculator, or a desktop version in my sig.

The JB-4 can dose up to 24 times per day.

Feel free to edit.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 02:42 AM
Planted Member

My auto dosing thread

thats a thread i started a couple a months ago, let me know if you have any specific questions.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 02:50 AM
NO2
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by slythy View Post
My auto dosing thread

thats a thread i started a couple a months ago, let me know if you have any specific questions.
Thanks for the thread slithy. I was interested in auto-dosing also.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode