The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Emersed wabi kusa / Buce cube
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
The Dude1
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Emersed wabi kusa / Buce cube

I lost my Mom 07/05/2017. It was very sudden and I wasn't prepared. Due to... circumstances there is no plot or vault where I can visit to be with her. Her ashes are kept in am ern in her home which is where my step father now lives. I'll spare the details, but after her passing his true nature became apparent and we will never speak again.
Her birthday is in May so Mothers Day was always a big deal. When I was younger I would buy her flowers. The last several years I would make her little gardens with her favorite annuals in her favorite colors... pink and purple. My wife noticed my grief and suggested that I make her another garden, but this time it will stay with us.
So she worked some OT and ordered some stuff on my Amazon wishlist without me knowing!
Equipment
Deep Blue 8" cube
Asta 20 LED pendant.

For a lid I cut a piece of lexan, but I'm concerned it may block too much light.

I have a buddy bringing me some HC cuba and I've also got the following.
Buce - Amandae, Hermes, Theia balloon, arrogant blue, belindae, and a couple others.
I've also got some crypt parva that I'm hoping will transition, Ludwigia Rubin, lots of vesicularia mini and java moss, java fern, and some anubias that are all emersed grown. The anubias is far too large. I like the idea of the blooms from the crypt parva so hopefully that works.

Unfortunately that PERFECT piece of driftwood covered in vesicularia mini was stolen by the dog when she raided one of my bins yesterday.

The small buces in this pic were the remnants of some gorgeous plants that were eaten to the rhizome by the previous inhabitants of my 150.
I also have a good bit of moss already grown on the "wabi kusa" ball.
I'm thinking they may need to recover more before I incorporate them.

Hardscape will be driftwood and black lava rock. I'm also having a very difficult time deciding which plants will come out of the 150 as they are finally growing quickly.
I'll snap a pic of what I have planned for hardscape.

Twin high tech 75's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome