The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 10 years of stumbling ..
View Single Post
post #65 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
ipkiss
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea View Post
I cannot believe I completely missed this journal. Just finished reading the entire thing, thoroughly enjoyed the writing and the evolution of tank. It should almost be required reading for anyone starting in the hobby.

I believe your crypt is a Red Wendtii. It looks identical to mine (well at least how mine used to look). It is easy to think out as well as I'm sure you have some close clustered babies...yes, that is definitely the scientific term .

I'm so tempted to try a Cerges reactor since my Griggs is a huge hassle every time I clean the canister filter (have to detach hoses and drain it, otherwise the back pressure of air prevents the filter from restarting the flow). I just hate messing with something that works well in every other regard.

Looking forward to the next update.
Heh, yea, thanks for the kind words and identification of my crypt. I am pretty inconsistent about updating so I wouldn't be surprised if the journal gets buried and overlooked. I hear Griggs are the bees knees when it comes to big tanks so you're right in not wanting to mess with what works. CO2 delivery is king. Forget about inconveniences! But, perhaps the addition of a spring-loaded pressure valve on the top edge of your Griggs? Nah, you may not want to chance ruining it. How about a pressure relief T along the hoses near the top? That little pressure relief button on top of my Cerges has definitely saved me from pressure locks, but if you had made one with a housing without the pressure relief, I believe you'd get the same back pressure situation you're experiencing.

Edit:

on second thought, maybe this may be harder than I think due to the non-existence of what I'm imagining. I scoured the internetz and only found this:
https://www.waterfilters.net/pressur...tton-kits.html

Now, I'd imagine you can make a small hole somewhere and add this button but who knows what else you'd be compromising.

then, I thought, maybe let's add a T in the hosing and maybe there already exists such a PVC T with a built in pressure button, but that was a no go either. So, rats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ipkiss; 04-09-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: more info about pressure button

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome