The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My messy "low tech" tanks (photo heavy)
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
lisals
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Decided to just do a water change in the 5g. It's raining and I don't feel like bothering with the 2 bigger tanks right now. I'll get to them tomorrow though.
I have a big idea for them though. Well, not big big, but it's gonna help tidy things up.

5g tank after the water change. Things are still a bit cloudy, but the amount of floating debris afterwards is a whole lot less than before. Only a minimal amount. Hopefully by the next water change or 2, I'll get that to where there's none or only just a teeny amount.

I also added a couple of trimming of ludwigia to the tank and trimmed off a lot of the super damaged leaves. Also sucked up a good amount of melted leaf debris too. I'm sure these crypts will bounce back, but wanted to add some healthy plants to the tank in the meantime. Plus the ludwigia will bring a little bit of color Gosh I really want a branchy piece of small wood for this tank! It would look so nice on the right side.
And I did add more dry ferts too.

This was before the water change. The stuff settling on the anubias. It was a lot worse before the last water change. So I'm slowly but surely getting things cleaner

And just a sad lonely pic of the last pygmy cory Poor little thing. Honestly not sure when we'll have money so I can buy all of these fish that I want, but whenever that time comes, I'll try to get more buddies for this lil one. Just hang in there buddy. Go hang out with your bigger cousins in the meantime.

Low tech planted tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40g breeder, 125g, 5g, ourdoor plant bins

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome