The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My messy "low tech" tanks (photo heavy)
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
lisals
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch of sky View Post
Thanks, lisals. The dojo is between 6-8 inches long. It is hard to estimate length, but he or she is large. My favourite swords are the ozelot, both the red and green versions. You have gorgeous sword plants. I am going to step up my root tab fertilizing!

Good news about the ammonia reading. I hope your betta's eyes return to normal soon.

Do you dose potassium in your betta tank? Often those holes are a potassium deficiency. It will take a while to see an improvement, because it will be the new leaves that look better.
I hadn't been doing any ferts in the betta tank. No idea why I wasn't... just.. wasn't lol. I will definitely start doing it though. Some of them have a few new leaves that look ok. Just going to take a while for everything to bounce back.

Bad news was that there was some ammonia in the betta tank again yesterday. I put a few drops of Prime in to the tank and left it. Tested again today and the ammonia has gone down to almost 0. Looked like there was maybe still a tint of green, but mostly yellow.
Will be doing a small water change in his tank today to get out more of the debris laying around.

I'm telling ya... these DIY root tabs seem to have really helped. I'm sure the dry ferts help a lot too, but I've never had this kind of growth in swords before. Never gotten this big.

Alrighty.. got some water changes to do before the family gets back home. Will update again shortly!

Low tech planted tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40g breeder, 125g, 5g, ourdoor plant bins

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome