The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My messy "low tech" tanks (photo heavy)
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 05:00 PM
touch of sky
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Lisals, I tried to get a pic of my dojo this morning, and this is the best I could do. He is snoozing in a crypt at the moment. In the photo, he is on a different crypt that is very short, it hugs the substrate. I don't know if that is because the huge jungle val next to it sucks all nutrients from the substrate in that area.

The second photo is where he is snoozing. The small fish are two of the juvenile lemon tetras I just added.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisals View Post
I have mine in the 40g, not in the 125 with the tiger barbs. I think they would adjust to needing to get their food quickly before the barbs ate it all, but I personally wouldn't even think of putting them in with the barbs. They're not very fast fish and barbs are greedy little turbo charged gluttons.
My 3 are fine with getting food. One isn't as shy as the other 2 and will come to the front of the tank.. eyeball me and eyeball the water surface waiting for food lol. The other 2 come out eventually when they figure out that I'm feeding the tank.
Hope your new little gouramis do well in your tank! I'm sure they're going to love all of that room they're getting

Thanks for the info touch of sky and JJ09! I made a newbie mistake. Really shouldn't have impulse bought the cories, but I was there and saw them and needed them lol.
Disappointed that I may never get babies from them b/c of the warmer water though lol
I, too, am interested in the sparkling gourami. They are lovely. I haven't seen them locally, but they may be at a fish store about 1.25 hours away. I go there occasionally. They have a much larger selection.

If you wanted to breed the cories you could take a group of males and females and put them in a smaller tank and lower the temp with a cool water change. That might spur them on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20180123_102904.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	821842  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20180123_103134.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	821850  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome