The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My messy "low tech" tanks (photo heavy)
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
lisals
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude1 View Post
Do the sparkling gourami's have any trouble competing for food?? Your pics pushed me over and I got 3 today. I want to add 3 - 6 more in my 150. If they can handle living with Tiger barbs they shouldn't have any problems with anything I'm going to stock. How does the group dynamic work?
I have mine in the 40g, not in the 125 with the tiger barbs. I think they would adjust to needing to get their food quickly before the barbs ate it all, but I personally wouldn't even think of putting them in with the barbs. They're not very fast fish and barbs are greedy little turbo charged gluttons.
My 3 are fine with getting food. One isn't as shy as the other 2 and will come to the front of the tank.. eyeball me and eyeball the water surface waiting for food lol. The other 2 come out eventually when they figure out that I'm feeding the tank.
Hope your new little gouramis do well in your tank! I'm sure they're going to love all of that room they're getting

Thanks for the info touch of sky and JJ09! I made a newbie mistake. Really shouldn't have impulse bought the cories, but I was there and saw them and needed them lol.
Disappointed that I may never get babies from them b/c of the warmer water though lol.

touch of sky- Aww thank you for reading my ramblings Dojos aren't that easy to find here either. At least, they weren't before Pet Supermarket opened up. The LFS that I got my 2 from is too far away to go to frequently and they're also not very reliable with fish quality/health. Such a shame really.
Wow, that's awesome that you still have one that is that old. Pic? I love the big full sized hot dog ones lol Mine are slowly getting to their adult sausage sizes

Low tech planted tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40g breeder, 125g, 5g, ourdoor plant bins

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome