The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My messy "low tech" tanks (photo heavy)
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
lisals
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Well.. it seems as though I'm on an every other week water change schedule now b/c I did not get one done when I wanted. My energy level has been non-existent.
It's warming up though so at least I won't have to worry about dumping freezing cold water in to the tanks again when I do eventually do water changes.
Oh and hubs decided to clan out that room on the day I wanted to do the water changes so I couldn't really get in there. Oh well.

Tanks are looking ok though. No idea if the SAE/FF are doing anything for the algae in the 40, but the algae does seem to be controlled a bit better.

Going to try my best to try to bunch up some of the plants a bit more. We'll see what happens.

125 is still being attacked by brown algae. Hopefully it hurries up and works itself out soon.
But in other news.. since removing the compacta sword... the crypts and swords around it have really spread. I wish I could show just how huge the swords are. They have gotten HUMONGOUS. I've had amazon swords since I first started planted tanks years ago and I've never had them get this big before. Absolutely LOVE it

Anywho.. now that the room is clean.. I tried getting a double tank shot lol

I think once we have some extra money... I want to get more anubias. I'd like to add some to the bettas tank and maybe the 40g too. I like faster growing plants, but looking at photos of some tanks on FB... anubias really are quite pretty

Low tech planted tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40g breeder, 125g, 5g, ourdoor plant bins

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome