The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Green Acres, 80 gal high tech
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Phil Edwards
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
There are so few of them in there right now that they've got more natural food than they can eat. Even if all 12 are still alive, they've got about 12.5 square feet of surface area to feed from counting the substrate and leaf and wood surfaces. Once there maybe 50 or so more in there then yes, I'll have to start feeding them. Thankfully I know a lady who knows a lady who keeps a lot of different kinds of shrimp and has food. I'll need to get a population of MTS going before all that so the pest snail population doesn't explode like it did months ago as well as risking secondary pests. Bottom feeding fish are out of the question due to the destruction the last ones wreaked.

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome