The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Green Acres, 80 gal high tech
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Phil Edwards
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
12.29.17 small update-

One of my daily activities is counting how many shrimp I can see in my tank. Given my history of shrimp genocide, any time I don't see corpses I'm happy. Any time I see multiple of the little buggers living happily in the tank I'm very happy. So far I've counted eight out of what I estimate to be the twelve I originally put in there. The tank's HUGE relative to their sub-adult selves so I'm hoping the "if you see one, there are more hiding in there" rule applies and all of them are still blissfully living out their lives in their 8 cu. ft. condo. What's prompted me to post this update is at least one of the females is starting to make eggs. This may be the first time I've had an F2 generation in one of my tanks. The last time I successfully kept a population of Cherries in a tank was 10 years ago and I didn't keep track of how many generations there were. As long as they live and can find each other to mate, we'll have a very happy Phil when the little ones arrive.

Water quality update- I added another 10ppm Ca, 2ppm Mg, and 5ppm K via liquids as the plants were showing signs of deficiency and a shrimp expert I got advice from said I should increase GH. So there we go, the current news on the tank.

Thanks for watching,
Phil

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome