Archaea Slim LED light - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Aqua Forest Aquarium

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Archaea Slim LED light

I know you don't have the PAR value for this light but would you consider it a low, medium, or high light? I've emailed you guys but got no response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
I would like to know this too. Thanks!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

No response from them at all. Either way I think the light spread sucks so I'm waiting to get another fixture

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
you guys should call them directly.

Text (408) 688 - 6617
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/97%)
Calling them is the fastest way. Those guys are super busy but they do take calls.

||
||

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

They didn't pick up when I called before and now I don't care anymore. I'm getting any fixture after I move so this is a moot point now.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Sponsor

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Jalopy,

We apologize for not answering your question promptly. For the Archaea Slim Pros, we consider them medium high light for smaller tanks up to 10 gallons. For 20 gallons we consider them medium light.

For the new Archaea Ultra Grow LED, we consider them high light for tank with width (front to back) of about 13 inches with a single fixture. For larger tanks, it depends on the width of the tank(the distance from front to back) for aquariums wider than 18 inches, we recommend 2 light fixtures to get really high light out put.

For PAR value, we do not really have PAR value for our lighting since we do not emphasize PAR value. PAR value is a rough guide, it measures everything between 400nm and 700nm. In this range there are also yellow and green spectrums which are not utilized by plants much for photosynthesis. As we know, the blue and the red parts of the spectrum are what is really utilized heavily by plants for photosynthesis. It is possible to have two light sources that have the same measurements of PAR value but different spectrum distribution. For example, source A could have higher value in the yellow -orang-green but lower value in red and blue and look bright to the human eye but maybe insufficient for plants to photosynthesize. Source B could have lower value in the yellow-orange-green spectrum but higher value in blue and red spectrum which does not look so bright to the human eye but plants can photosynthesize effectively.

In conclusion, PAR value does not necessarily tell you if a light is a good source to grow plants.

For our new Archaea Ultra grow LED, we do offer a spectrum graph on the package and on our website that clearly shows the spike in the red and blue spectrum for effective photosynthesis.

Hope these informations help!

Aqua Forest Aquarium
duarteacores and duarteacores like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode