The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 100G Iwagumi tank
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
markl323
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
- I finally found some bigger rocks at a LFS.
- I finally refilled the CO2 bottle yesterday so the lights have been on for only two days. Before that lights were off and no CO2 so half of the HC and Staurogyne Repens melt. However, I cranked up the CO2 and they have been recovering. HC even pearled.
- Light is set at 80% intensity, 8H/day. I reduced the yellow a bit to make the tank look prettier. CO2 starts 2H before lights on and stops 1H before lights off.

- The CO2 regulator is a $60 DiCi one from Amazon. It works great as the reviews indicated. Solenoid, bubble counter, and needle valve work as expected. Arrived the next day with Prime's free shipping. Quick follow up from seller. Zero complaint. I rarely do this, but I think I might have to log on Amazon and give this item a 5 star.

- Intake & Outtake pipes with surface skimming from JARDLI on Amazon. They are well made. I chose metal to avoid cleaning. They are made for rimless tank but I got them to work for this Clear-for-life tank. It is a bit tricky to get the intake pipe in the corner hole but it can be done.

- A $20 drop checker on Amazon. It works just as well. They are all using the same chemical solution.

- Some pics of HC and Staurogyne Repens. The melting has stopped and they are now growing. No fish & shrimp yet so CO2 has been at 10-20 bps to be sure the plants will recover.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome