The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 100G Iwagumi tank
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
markl323
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
100G Iwagumi tank

I have set up many tanks before, some planted. After quitting the hobby for a few months due to busy work schedule, I now am setting up a new Iwagumi tank. The main goal is low maintenance.

Plants will be:
- Chrismast moss
- HC
- Eleocharis Sp Mini
- Staurogyne Sp Repens

Why:
- They are all slow-med growth. Less on maintenance time.
- They are easy to trim. I believe I just need to trim the top. No uprooting needed.
- I decided to go with severals instead of just HC for a more natural look.

Rocks: Dark Seiryu stone.

Fish will be:
- 30 Rummy nose tetras or Cherry Barbs.
- 8 Nerite snails for algea control.
- Some Crystal Red Shrimps/Tiger Shrimps for algae control, if they survive.

The tank is next to my 180G discus tank. Clear-for-life acrylic 60 x 18 x20. Stand is made by the LFS. It looks just like the Perfecto stand made by Marine Land. I went with LFS for both and saved $900 compared to Petsmart's tank + Fishtanksdirect'stand. Same place I bought the 180G few years ago.

The LED light fixtures arrived today. Radion XR15W G4 Pro. I was concerned that the spread may not be enough for a 5 foot tank. But after turning them on, I saw the spread and intensity was more than enough. I think I could grow HC at 75% intensity to be conservative.

Filter Hydor 600. About 400GPH. I'm not sure if this will be enough. Do you have any suggestions? It's currently hooked up to the established tank for the bateria.

Bump: reserved

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome