The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 5g Aquascape help
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Chizpa305
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Basic tips that are always good. Substrate elevation at the back to create slope (depth perception). If it is a 5 gallon tank, stick with small plants, big plants will look disproportionate and weird. Also, as usual, carpet plants at the front, relatively middle sized plants in the midground, and the taller stems and stuff like that at the back. That way you can have a densely planted tank, and yet have it look uncluttered. I don't know what light you have, but from the pictures it seems like it is not a very strong light, meaning that your plants will grow slowly and not as compact, which is ok, but in that case I would maybe fill some empty spots with some hardscape like rocks or wood. One last thing, sometimes having too many varieties of plants makes it look less natural. I would stick with only a few different species, maybe 5 or 6 (less if they are big plants). That's my two cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chizpa305; 08-28-2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: ..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome