The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Lets see some standard 10 gallon aquascapes.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
KrypleBerry
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastewater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrypleBerry View Post
What is the lighter stem stand in the center? What kind of substrate did you use?
Ammannia pedicellata (aka: "golden nesaea") still slowly transforming from its emersed form. Moved some Limnophila aromatica occupying that spot into another set-up.

Tank substrate is standard inert black gravel. Plant substrate is loam consisting of sand, silt, clay & humus in different proportions (about an inch deep); capped with black sand (about 1 1/2" deep).

The 'ole' standard (black frame) 10's are a lot of fun to play around with, and they definitely do not break the bank.
Ive never seen Nesaea emersed before, no wonder I didnt recognize it right away. It just looked different. Is that pellia in the front center? If so we did the same thing with ours, mine is just in my 15 column. I love the look of it. Yes the tens are amazing, so cheap and versatile. Very clean set up you have, nice to look at. Thanks again for sharing!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome