The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Tiny Walstad alstad tank. What could go wrong?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Bubbler
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plants + Lights = alka seltzer:

Thanks for the info on the plants. I appreciate it. Only 2 were labeled.
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (New Zealand Micro Sword) and Echinodorus paniculatus (Bleheri)

Anacharis- This stuff is ridiculous. It's day 5 and it is already touching the surface. It's growth is about 1/2" a day from several shoots. and branching in several places. I'm not sure if it's the most beautiful thing yet, but daughter and I are referring to it as the christmas trees. Most articles said find some fast growers to stock the tank and get it going. I think I found my huckleberry. They bubble like alka seltzer when the lights are on. I'm satisfied, even with the ones I thought were dead and wilty on arrival. They are growing strong from the tips at least. Wondering if I should trim off the new growth and toss the brownish sections or just leave well enough alone.

Lighting schedule:
I thought I read 12 hours a day to simulate summer somewhere to get the tank started. More I read says no way, no how.
First 3 days schedule was 14 hours on.
Cut schedule back on day 4 to 3 hrs in the AM, 5 hour siesta, 5 hours on in the evening
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170807_080108.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	779393  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome