The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Best Place for Wavemakers in a 55g?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
ChrisX
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highseq View Post
Are you injecting CO2? In general you are looking to get complete circulation around the whole tank. Maybe one in the front left facing the right side of the tank and aimed down just slightly. This will push your return water back towards the intake side while also pushing the more oxygenated water near the surface down to the bottom.

For the second one maybe above the intake in the back right facing the spray bar if it fits. If you think you could benefit from more surface agitation you could position it in such a way that it causes ripples but doesn't "break" the surface tension.

I guess it also depends on how much you mind being able to see them.
Those are good suggestions. My biggest concern is the jungle on the left side; I'd like to get some flow through that. I was thinking about putting one low on the left side and aimed straight up.

I will be running them on a timer.

Tank is Co2 injected w/ Griggs, I didnt even think about varying concentrations throughout the tank. The drop checker is in a low flow position, if I have better circulation maybe it will reach green sooner after CO2 on.

Thx.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome