The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 6.6 "Bookshelf" planted nano (1st planted tank)
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
erratum
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalz View Post
I'd say go full on with 28 watts, just make sure to keep up on the DIY co2. Like he said, you may run into some algae from fluctuating co2 levels but it doesn't hurt to try things out. It is a small tank to she WPG rule doesn't reall apply even though it is a shallow tank. Try it out and lets see some pics of this planted!!
Still flying with both 14W bulbs today ... changed out my DIY yeast mix for good chanpagne yeast & am getting a better reaction. Wanted the DIY running better, untill I can get pressurised Co2 running. Went by the local brew-your-own-booze store to price equipment. 2 1/2 gal tank $150 / Regulator $75. Still would need tubing, needle valve, solenoid, .... this got expensive really really quickly. Gunna see what I can do online ... probably with a paintball tank setup.

Planted the plants I had picked up previously at the local ...

2 oriental swords (will outgrow the tank & need moved at some point ... maybe these will grow in my cichlid 30g cube, otherwise they will become trade fodder.)
1 good bunch of HC cuba
1 almost non-existant bunch of HC cuba (told the LFS I'd try to revive it if they threw it in free...figure it's worth a shot...didn't get much viable plant stock out of this.)

I'll most likely pull the colormax bulb tonight & run with just the 10K 14w & see how it goes.

3 days .... cycle already, will ya ?

Still waiting to hear any sort of word from the online store I bought the co2 indicator, HC & stargrass from .... will have to call again today & see if I can get ahold of them)

Anyway .... here's some initial planted pics.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome