The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - CRS requirements?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 08:43 PM
clownplanted
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
CRS requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook39 View Post
I just wanted to point out, that i observed my tds dropped down after i connected second filter, my tank is 20 gal long and in my case it was much better idea to use 2 filters on each side of the tank, and i dont use any food flakes or other messy pellets, it's only shrimp tank. Im my case high tds was caused by lot of debris from Driftwood and leaves, all params stay stable only tds is low

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Your tds most likely went down when you added the second filter not due to less debris but the processing of organics. I say this because today in my tank I had a ton of debris from dead leaves and excess food. And I'm not talking about a little but a lot. I tested the tds before and immediately after cleaning a ton and the tds remained exactly the same as @natemcnutty explained. You can test this.

Remember the D in tds stands for dissolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome