The Planted Tank Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  andiok 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I thought this would be the best place to ask about my tank. Two weeks ago, I added a larger dose of phosphate to my tank because my plants had been getting great growth with what I had added so far. Unfortunately, I added too much and green water took hold of my tank. Since then, I have done around 5-6 50% water changes in my tank and reduced lighting to 5.5 hours per day, but I have not been able to remove the green water. It is bad enough that I cannot see the other end of my 4 foot tank if I stand to the right or left of it.
I would love any suggestions or comments anyone would have in regard to this problem. I appreciate any help!

Tank: 55 gallon, Finnex Planted LED 48" light, pressurized CO2
6 Rainbowfish, cories, loaches, 10 Rummynose Tetras

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I thought this would be the best place to ask about my tank. Two weeks ago, I added a larger dose of phosphate to my tank because my plants had been getting great growth with what I had added so far. Unfortunately, I added too much and green water took hold of my tank. Since then, I have done around 5-6 50% water changes in my tank and reduced lighting to 5.5 hours per day, but I have not been able to remove the green water. It is bad enough that I cannot see the other end of my 4 foot tank if I stand to the right or left of it.

I would love any suggestions or comments anyone would have in regard to this problem. I appreciate any help!

Tank: 55 gallon, Finnex Planted LED 48" light, pressurized CO2

6 Rainbowfish, cories, loaches, 10 Rummynose Tetras

Thanks!

Complete blackout for 3-4 days and or UV sterilizer. When I say compete black out I mean not a sliver of light inside. Use black trash bags to ensure no light inside. Those are the two only reliable options out there I am aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.