The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Co2 - Seems like I'm using an ungodly amount of BPS
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Malakian
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hmm, might be my agitation then. But I've read that O2 is just as important as co2 plenty of times. And seeing Barr and multiple people reported a drastic decrees in dissolved O2 with the use of canisters vs wet/dry.

Might dial down the agitation some then, got both the outflow of the FX6 pointing slightly up, and my Koralia nano. Giving a strong ripple across the entire surface, doesn't break the surface tensions though.
No, there isn't much of bubbles coming out of the outlet. There are some micro bubbles, but they are so small they get picked up by the current, doesn't make it to the surface.
How would GH/KH affect dissolved co2, never heard that before?

Edit: I took out the Koralia all together since the Eheim provides a good deal of additional flow, and point one of the FX outlets so it doesn't disturb the surface much, and the other so it disturbs a little less. Also turned down the Co2 a tad, just in case. Guess I'll see in about 2 hours.

Can't really check PH efficiently thats why I'm relying on the DC at the moment. My PH probe crapped out on me and I just have drop testers now. Got a new PH pen on the way in the mail.

I turn off co2 at night, but for "dialing in" purposes, I have it on 24/7 today and maybe tomorrow to get the ppm's right. Was using a Atomic diffuser before, and getting yellow DC with less BPS. So I think DC isn't really accurate with a lot of mist. Seem to measure way higher than actually dissolved in the water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Malakian; 04-21-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome