The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Growth problems (twisted leaves, etc)
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Tinanti
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
I replaced the rest of the substrate with some Flourite Black my friend had. What a mess! Really glad to be rid of the light weight soilmaster. Thinking too that cleaning that up will reduce the acidification present in old tanks and help out the autotrophic bacteria a bit. Something I was going to do anyway and one less variable to worry about if things don't correct right away.

And man! I cut the biomass WAY, WAY down. Anybody need a pound of Theia blue? I wouldn't be surprised if my problems stem at least in part from too much competition. Is it somehow not the case that just adding more of things can help out weaker competitors?

Also, how does using Flourish and Flourish Trace at recommended levels compare to CSM+B dosing? Isn't the latter more concentrated? Keep trace dosing the same despite biomass reduction? Going to for now, I think.

One stem of the new reineckii looks kinda stunted but the rest look...pretty normal. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully if things go well I'll try the ramosior from Florida (the red one) and Gratiola viscidula again. Kinda sucks to go out and get these cool new plants and see only other people grow them! Hopefully, that will change.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome