The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Aaron's Aquatics - Shrimp Time!
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Zoidburg
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I had no idea Aquatic Arts were an import business. If you have suggestions on where to choose shrimp, please let me know! Keep in mind, I did not purchase these shrimp -- they were purchased by my old coworker.
Aquatic Arts do have some nice shrimp! Just, a lot of people have had to deal with a parasite. Some get lucky and never deal with it, where-as others, well, they struggle! So be on the lookout! And if you choose to buy from them again, it might not be a bad idea to treat all incoming NEO shrimp in a bare bottom tank. Caradina don't get this parasite!

There is now this page, thanks to Chaz at Elevated Shrimp! Goes over treatment of the parasite.
https://www.discobee.com/blogs/news/...how-to-cure-it

You can easily buy shrimp from this forum, Han Aquatics, LRBAquatics, TheGardenofEder, BuyPetShrimp, or any other number of places that sell home grown shrimp.

Sechem Stability has always been my go-to. Bacter AE wasn't my source for really cycling the tank, just as something to add the existing bacteria of the tank.
Sounds like it has worked well for you!

Thanks for the TDS suggestion. You and a lot of others have said the same thing, and that's what I'm going with
I figured you probably had a bunch of things already covered! Although you're going in head first, you are also researching and learning quickly! Doing great!

I'll have to watch the video later!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome