View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
puriance
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Because I am giving away my betta tank this weekend, I have to:

a) set up this nano for Sterling

and

b) set up the other tank for a long car ride.

Normally I would like to let the new tank sit for a week before I added Sterling, but I don't have the luxury at this point.

So I took out about a 1/3 of the water from the nano, and replaced it with water from Sterling's current tank, and put him in it last night.

He immediately discovered the natural hiding place underneath the driftwood and hid under there until I went to bed. I think he was initially a little upset at being moved.

However, this morning...

What a happy little fish he was.

He had discovered multiple ways to access the cave under the driftwood, and was very present while I was getting dressed and ready for work. He didn't eat this morning, but when I first put him in his old tank, he didn't either, so this isn't alarming behaviour for him. He is the exact opposite of every other betta I have had and seems to be a little... sensitive?

Which is odd because when I picked him out, I did so because of his spunk. I think he may just be very aware and curious, but I may also be anthropomorphising. So. There's that.

But now he is home, and I get to sit and watch him, and I'm excited.

Now to find whomever introduced me to aquabid and dismember them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May all your algae get eaten, and all your scales be slimy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome