Well, this tank looks very different, now. It moved with me in August a few hours away, and though I did my best to transport everything and the plants, some things just didn't do well post-move. The E. tenellus
is no more. And the moneywort was stuffed in a jar with some other stuff and left on my windowsill at home when I moved (no idea what that jar looks like right now, if it's even still going). The tripartita did not survive the move after a couple weeks, unfortunately. I'm not sure why. I was having some issues with water quality after this, so I've added a tiny power filter, and this tank is no longer no-tech. I need to get a new light for this thing, as the cheap lamp I'm using is too yellow in tone and not really bright enough. And some black cling-film for the back.
I've dosed ferts occasionally, hoping to help new plants establish more quickly. I also have DIY CO2, but I'll probably ditch that at some point, now that things are growing well. I had some H. leucocephala that quickly got too big. It grows out of the filter, now. End of September, I added Ranunculus inundatus
and Micranthemum umbrosum
(this one now also grows from the filter). The Ranunculus has really taken off and is doing well despite the crappy light. So is the dwarf sag. It's almost doing too well.
In October I added H. tripartita
'mini,' a couple collected liverworts, and Rotala
sp. 'bangladesh' which is only starting to show real new growth this week. The tripartita mini really is tiny, and is growing fairly well. And the carpet plants are starting to turn into a jungle. I very well am considering an overhaul, because things are looking very messy. The dwarf sag is growing like crazy and I'm afraid will just overgrow everything else. It should probably become a background plant. It's kinda impressive, but definitely not looking real pretty at the moment. While I don't mind a mixed carpet, this is such a tiny tank it's not very neat. I guess that's the trouble with mixing two runner-propagating plants in one tank without trimming much. I've added some photos below of it's progression from September to now.