Hello Iím new here and have a few questions. I have a 55 gallon tank with a few low light plants and some stem plants as well while running a finnex 24/7 cc on the 24/7 mode. I dose with excel once a day and flourish once a week. I just donít think my plants are doing too well and I see that algae is starting to form. I was wondering if the finnex is too much light for low tech as it says at 21 depth is 60 par. I donít want to use co2 but I want my plants to grow since I bought a 150 dollar light. Any suggestions on what to do??
Please provide as much of the following info as possible (some you may already have):
- Light (make & model): ideally, PAR and PUR reading at the substrate and photoperiod?
- CO2 setup (if any) and, if you inject CO2, what is the CO2 ppm level and how is it measured?
- Current NO3, PO4, GH, KH, pH and TDS readings?
- What you are dosing (product and quantity) and how often?
- Substrate type and how long has it been in place?
- What is your filter setup?
- Cleaning regimen (filter and water change frequency and amount)?
- Circulation: surface rippling and are all plants gently moving from top to bottom?
- What is your water source and do you use a water softener?
- What is your tank size?