I'm experiencing some issues with my plants, and i'm hoping that any of you have som answers for me.
so my isse is that i'm getting black "hair" that grows on my plants, and some of my bigger leaves a curling. (shown in pictures).
What you have is very common and fairly easy to eliminate. However, so long as it isn't terrible (yours is not), rather than killing the algae with chemicals, it is best to let healthy plants out-compete it.
We need some more information, as @Ben3721
indicated. Please provide as much of the following as possible, some you already have:
- Light (what type of T8's): PAR reading at the substrate and photoperiod?
- CO2 setup (if any) and how you measure CO2 levels in the water if you do inject CO2?
- pH difference between fully de-gassed and fully gassed?
- Current NO3, PO4, GH, KH, pH and TDS readings?
- What you are dosing (product and quantity) and how often?
- Substrate type and how long has it been in place?
- What is your filter setup?
- Cleaning regimen (filter and water change frequency and amount)?
- Circulation: surface rippling and are all plants gently moving from top to bottom?
- What is your water source and do you use a water softener?
Please look up each of your plants to determine what, if any, special needs they may have. With this, you can see better if you are meeting the needs of the plant. Here is a website that may help: https://www.flowgrow.de/
Searching this forum, to help you answer these questions, may allow you to provided better information.