19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitom17 View Post
Looks great!
Just FYI, the nitrates you are already detecting might come from your tap water (they do here in Laramie, WY at 5-10 ppm), assuming you used tap water.
You are right though, that ammonia and nitrites need to go to zero to consider the tank cycled. Nitrite to nitrate step tends to be the slower one.
Thanks!

Ive read its ok for some plants to start melting in a new tank. Whats your experience with this? Im kinda freaking out since it took me so long to design this hahaha, dont wanna see it melt away. Im learning that patience is the key chemica here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 07:31 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juango View Post
Thanks!

Ive read its ok for some plants to start melting in a new tank. Whats your experience with this? Im kinda freaking out since it took me so long to design this hahaha, dont wanna see it melt away. Im learning that patience is the key chemica here.

Definitely patience is key!. The melting is completely normal IF they are tissue cultures. This is because the tissue cultures are not grown submersed. They will melt and then grow back. however if they are not tissue culture im not sure what is going to happen. Best of luck and love the tank!

Last edited by zwalter08; 01-17-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: accidentally submitted it twice
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwalter08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juango View Post
Thanks!

Definitely patience is key!. The melting is completely normal IF they are tissue cultures. This is because the tissue cultures are not grown submersed. They will melt and then grow back. however if they are not tissue culture im not sure what is going to happen. Best of luck and love the tank!
- The Reineckii Mini is tissue cultre and its def melting.
- Repens is tissue culture, doing well although i see a few tiny spots, hopefully its not starting to melt
- The crypt spiralis was potted grown under water, and i see some melt
- the crytpcoryne undulatus red is tissue and i think its melting too.

😞

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
It looks awesome. Very impressed with your first setup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 AM
Algae Grower

Your tank looks beautiful! Well done
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 12:50 PM
Algae Grower

Looks awesome! I hope your plant melt stops. I think patience is key in this hobby. I have had trial and error using different plants, and for me it was about finding the plants that would thrive in my parameters.

***Low*Tech*Aquarist***
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyneck View Post
Looks awesome! I hope your plant melt stops. I think patience is key in this hobby. I have had trial and error using different plants, and for me it was about finding the plants that would thrive in my parameters.
Appreciate it

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode