Hello ó getting back into it after a hiatus of a number of years. I've had a few "sun tanks" in my window for the past couple years; overgrown little pools of moss and other critters. I've been impressed by all of the beautiful landscaping I've seen, so wanted to set-up something a little more elaborate.
Here's the initial set-up:
1" Caribsea Peace River Gravel
1" NYC Sanitation compost
(It was free!)
A few rocks from my backyard.
Not sure of the plants, but I think I got a staurogyne in there, a ludwig repens, some microswords (that have done a good job melting), a few other things I wish I'd written down.
I've got a homemade lighting rig ó a set of 9 cool-white CREE XML2 leds that I've driving at around 3A. I think it's enough; at least, it seems bright. I think the photoperiod is one of the things I've got to play with.
Here's the initial pick from a couple weeks ago (the tank was started June 14.)
I miscalibrated my little Arduino-timer thing, and I think I had the light going for more than 10 hours aday. This is what it looks like now. I'm going to experiment with reducing the photoperiod to seven hours for a bit, and see if the bloom diminishes.