Planted Oscar Tank - The Planted Tank Forum
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By goodbytes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Planted Oscar Tank

Wanted to show off my planted Oscar tank I've had going for a year now. It's a very low tech 75g running a Stingray and a ridiculously cheap Aquaneat 10k fixture with an AC110 and HW-302 with a Hydor 300w inline. Doesn't look like much but its really more of a testament to the toughness of swords, that they're able to stand up to Frank's punishment. He really lets the Rosettes have it on the right side of the tank where he hangs out, but with the Amazons he pulls the outside leaves so the trimming is basically done for me. So if you were wondering about trying a setup like this, it is very possible, just pick some very durable plants that are not easily uprooted and don't get too attached to where exactly your substrate is located.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Awesome! Love seeing tanks like this. I had a successful planted goldfish tank for years myself. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Wanting to put plants in my Oscar tank was what originally lead me down the path to the Green Side. Be very, very careful as you're walking a treacherous path.

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode