Help me get plants from decent to good (or better) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm fairly new to the planted tank hobby (been keeping fish for years, even tried my hand at a saltwater tank, but never a planted tank) so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I noticed your inhabitants include an SAE. I recently set up my first planted tank and planted some glossostigma. The glossostigma seemed to be in fairly poor health (it was browning) when I bought it, but it was the last cup of it and I got them to discount it since it was browning. I for sure thought I could bring these guys back to life. Anyhow, within the first day or two after planting I noticed my SAE munching on the small leaves of the glossostigma, leaving just stems with nibbled off leaves. I only observed him doing this during moonlight hours though, never during daylight. During daylight he's always grazing away at algae or an algae tab. So just a thought, but maybe see if your SAE is having a feast during the evening before he goes to rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
@gridironking81 that is worth considering, thanks. Iíll keep an eye on it. I have a smaller planted tank that runs the same parameters, if this continues I may remove the SAE to that tank as an experiment, to see if that gets the AR mini back on track.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode