Planted+ 24/7 Club: Knowledge Exchange & Photos! - Page 11 - The Planted Tank Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 228 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Plant Clown

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehouse View Post
I'm building a hanging canopy that will house my soon-to-order Beamworks evo quad 3W led light 48" long. Can someone that has this light please give me 2 measurements? I need the overall length of fixture (NOT including any switches, cord housings, etc). AND I need the distance from the end of light to beginning of the first row of led's.
See attached pic
Probably want to start a new thread, or add on to a thread dealing with Beamworks, rather than a specific Finnex fixture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 228 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Oh shoot. I'm sorry. Wrong thread. I'll delete it.
post #153 of 228 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm currently attempting to run a 46 Gallon bow front with a 36" inch Finnex 24/7 fixture. I would really like to be able to use the fixture in the 24/7 mode. I'm also injecting pressurized CO2 with DI ferts. I'm supplementing with a Beamworks fixture from 10 AM till 5 PM. I would like to hear of some success stories using the 24/7 mode and pressurized CO2. I really don't want to put this fixture on a timer in max setting, I feel it defeats the purpose of purchasing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plant Tank.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	549945  

Scott

post #154 of 228 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
If you are supplementing it with a 2nd light keep it going for the effect and time the other light with day time of 24:7 mode. I run 24:7 on my 55 with co2 and I didn't have much algae, no more than I had already and actually that was diy co2 (got the tank about a month ago) for most of the time. I do have some brown algea now but I just redid the substrate 18 days ago and only put back 50% of my plants so I expected some till things settle. I was doing EI before the dirted substrate, slowed down to let dirt settle in and just started back up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Main Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #155 of 228 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Algae Grower

If I get 2 units can I control both with one remote so as to have them work in unison?
post #156 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Hey gang!

Excellent thread. Thank you for all the great info!

I have a new tank on the way (ADA 60F 24x12x7) I'm considering this light for that tank however I want to suspend it over the tank rather than have it sit directly on the tank. Does anyone have any experience in suspending this fixture?

I saw one post with some pretty cool acrylic brackets, any other suggestions?

Thanks for any input!
post #157 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Algae Grower

I'm trying to decide between the 36" to 48"current usa plus($150) or the smaller 24" to 36" plus pro($220).

Would the smaller pro version light 33g(18"h) be a better choice than the larger plus?
post #158 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
Hi,I have two 24/7's on a 42 gallon high tank and they look great and all is growing well.I run mine on max.for 8 hours a day.Can you tell me if when in max. mode are any of the colored lights on or just the white? thanks
Looks like all of them to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Main Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #159 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Algae Grower

Currently running 2 24/7 planted plus 30 inch atop my 56 column tank. With a t8 daylight bulb sometimes turned on at peak sun time. It's only been about 4-5 days but so far I don't notice any algae growth and in fact my ludwigia repens seems to be shooting up a little. My tank is pretty low tech. Except for the fact that I run a UV steralizer. Which I bought for a bloom early in my tank set up. (Miricle grow substrate capped with floramax)
But I'm really enjoying the lights def enjoy the daytime blast high setting with 2 units. Seems pretty bright. I don't have no co2 up in there so I try not to push it with the light. But at the same time my tank be deep. That's why I got 2 units. Probably 2 feet at least.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1449678772138.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	556609  

post #160 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Algae Grower

Hey guys, checking in here and seeing if anyone has any ideas since I'm a little torn on what to do. I have an ADA 60P that I'm getting ready to go live with. Will be CO2 injected and have some challenging species.

In the past in larger tanks (75+) I've gone with some pretty high-light setups; a 6 light Suntek or a metal halide. On smaller tanks (20-29) I usually went with two of the AHSupply T5 lights and reflectors. On everything except for the metal halide, my approach was usually to run a staggered photoperiod with a burst of the second light for a 4-6 hour block in the middle of the day.

I ordered a couple of the 24/7 but am struggling a little bit on what way to start with initially. At first I thought I'd go with one of the lights on 24/7 and then do a burst in the middle with the second light on max from say 12pm-4pm. But after looking over the PAR charts I'm wondering if maybe I'm just better off running both in sync in the 24/7 setting.

Is anyone doing a 2-light setup with the 24/7 and if so how are you doing it? Any thoughts? I'm guessing MAX on a 7 hour photoperiod with 2 lights might be a little too much since I'm about 12-13" from the light to the substrate, but would be interested in any experience or insight.
post #161 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Hey gang!

Excellent thread. Thank you for all the great info!

I have a new tank on the way (ADA 60F 24x12x7) I'm considering this light for that tank however I want to suspend it over the tank rather than have it sit directly on the tank. Does anyone have any experience in suspending this fixture?

I saw one post with some pretty cool acrylic brackets, any other suggestions?

Thanks for any input!
I just bought a 60F and wanted to do the same thing. I currently have a 18" planted+ suspended above it, might swap it with a 24" 24/7 though. I believe you've seen my journal so you might be aware already

Here's a link to the forum I used as a guide for my suspension system, it was very helpful!

How To: Build an ADA inspired lighting stand - Carolina Fish Talk

Hope this helps Ziggy!

- Mark W.

Last edited by Kramflowz; 12-09-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: grammar error
post #162 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshooter View Post
Hey guys, checking in here and seeing if anyone has any ideas since I'm a little torn on what to do. I have an ADA 60P that I'm getting ready to go live with. Will be CO2 injected and have some challenging species.

In the past in larger tanks (75+) I've gone with some pretty high-light setups; a 6 light Suntek or a metal halide. On smaller tanks (20-29) I usually went with two of the AHSupply T5 lights and reflectors. On everything except for the metal halide, my approach was usually to run a staggered photoperiod with a burst of the second light for a 4-6 hour block in the middle of the day.

I ordered a couple of the 24/7 but am struggling a little bit on what way to start with initially. At first I thought I'd go with one of the lights on 24/7 and then do a burst in the middle with the second light on max from say 12pm-4pm. But after looking over the PAR charts I'm wondering if maybe I'm just better off running both in sync in the 24/7 setting.

Is anyone doing a 2-light setup with the 24/7 and if so how are you doing it? Any thoughts? I'm guessing MAX on a 7 hour photoperiod with 2 lights might be a little too much since I'm about 12-13" from the light to the substrate, but would be interested in any experience or insight.
not going to really comment on the 2 in sych.. but if you decide on "burst" I'd just go w/ a cheaper light ..like a stingray or Beamswork..

Unless you want to target a color.. say blue burst at noon there is no real need for a second 24/7.

Another opinion..
Quote:
I think if you run 2 of these together, especially off set by say 20-60 minutes that will actually take care of most of what I'd like to see be different. I don't know if finnex intentionally tuned these so that they would work best in pairs, but the way it is set up; it looks to me like the times you want dim will still be dim enough, and the times you want brighter will be close to what you'd like to see at that time. The midnight moonlight setting might be the one place where it is just to bright with 2 lights, but when one transitions into the dim blue it should take the edge off the other, and then when both hit dim blue that should still be sufficiently dim for most people (I think).
Finnex 24/7 LED w/ automated Dawn/dusk and FX settings (First impressions) - Dendroboard

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #163 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
not going to really comment on the 2 in sych.. but if you decide on "burst" I'd just go w/ a cheaper light ..like a stingray or Beamswork..

Unless you want to target a color.. say blue burst at noon there is no real need for a second 24/7.

Another opinion..

Finnex 24/7 LED w/ automated Dawn/dusk and FX settings (First impressions) - Dendroboard
Geez, why didn't I think of that? An hour offset would be perfect and would smooth out the peak. Duh.

That's what I'll try. Figured there had to be a better way than just doing a burst -- which is what I latched on to first since it's what I'm used to.

Thanks!
post #164 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramflowz View Post
I just bought a 60F and wanted to do the same thing. I currently have a 18" planted+ suspended above it, might swap it with a 24" 24/7 though. I believe you've seen my journal so you might be aware already

Here's a link to the forum I used as a guide for my suspension system, it was very helpful!

How To: Build an ADA inspired lighting stand - Carolina Fish Talk

Hope this helps Ziggy!
I did see that in your thread. Thank you for the input I do appreciate it!

liveGREENandRESPIRE
post #165 of 228 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 03:34 AM
Algae Grower

Just a quick note, I'm up and running with dual 24/7 over a 60P. Running with pressurized CO2 ... my old controller broke so I'm just winging it until the new one gets here -- but I'm at around a kH of 2.5 with a pH of 6.3. In other words, should be pretty well set up for high light as I'm used to.

I ended up going with a staggered light cycle where the first light is running at the clock time in the 24/7 cycle and the second light is 45 minutes behind. Figured I'd try it like this for a bit to extend the higher PAR period since it seems rather short.

Coming from the metal halide and T5HO world, I really am enjoying the color variations, intensity variations and most of all the lack of a ridiculous amount of heat and energy use. It remains to be seen if I get good growth; I intend to stick with this cycle at least long enough to see where things are heading. If it doesn't look good after a few weeks I'll probably chalk it up to experience and just go with a typical 7-8 hour timer cycle on max.

Tags
24/7, finnex, led fixture, planted+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode