Lominie astra 120 vs Hiro - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lominie astra 120 vs Hiro

So I am setting up a new 75 gallon planted tank. It will be high tech with co2. And I can’t decide what brand light I want to go with. Lominie astra 120 looks like a kessel. And I like the style but mostly the price haha. But hiro seems to have better color. There is not a lot of pictures to really look through to get a good understanding. And I want one that will make the reds and greens plants pop a bit. I’m open to other brands but want to save a good bit on money. If you have any pictures that would be very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 12:25 AM
Planted Member

If you want colors to pop there us no better choice than a T5ho fixture, and they are cheap. A four bulb 48" fixture is the perfect size for your tank; you'll need to replace the bulbs with plant specific bulbs. A blue, red, Flora, and daylight bulb is a good combo.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

That’s a good idea. The only reason I’m not 100% a go for it. Is I really don’t like having to move my lights every time I have to work in the tank. But for the price I really can’t go wrong with the t5.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 06:43 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esparta View Post
That’s a good idea. The only reason I’m not 100% a go for it. Is I really don’t like having to move my lights every time I have to work in the tank. But for the price I really can’t go wrong with the t5.
Why do you think you have to move the lights?The fixture is designed to be hung about 8 inches from the water. You can hang it from the ceiling or from
L - brackets mounted on the wall behind the tank; either way with a cable hanging kit.

And your tank should be open top. When I work on my tank I dont have to move the light at all, in fact, I cant even remember the last time I moved it. And that would have been to add or reduce the level of light.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

To be honest I’m not to experienced with the t5 light. I’ve used one to grow seedlings for a garden but that’s about it. My current set up is a 20gallon with a beams work on top. Every time I clean my tank I have to move it And I end up dropping it. I end up not having any light to see what I’m doing and it just becomes aggravating. The Light works great to grow plants but it’s in the way. That’s kinda why I was leaning more tards a kessil style design just I really don’t want to pay 200+ for one light. Eather way I plan on hanging it from the ceiling are a high wall mount. I hope this clears things up I’m sorry I wasn’t to clear about it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode