Led light with warm spectrum - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Led light with warm spectrum

Hello guys,

I am looking for a LED light like JBL LED SOLAR NATUR ( https://www.jbl.de/en/products/detai...ed-solar-natur ) with warm color spectrum (4000k). Unfortunately its not easy for me to get this particular light and I am looking for any alternatives. My tank size is 80x35x25cm (shallow tank). I need at least 2400 - 2600 lumen.

I don't like typical white-blueish lights, not pleasant for the eyes. But I can not find any warm spectrum light unfortunately.

I will appreciate any tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 04:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
You might want to add your location. If it's difficult to get that particular light it's probably also difficult to get others.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Any light that you can control the colors with, I imagine that you could get the look that you want with them by turning up the red and turning down the blue. A little more info would help narrow down the choices, price range would be the most helpful, imo.
I have a serene LE PRO, among others, but, it is my favorite out of them all. You can see it at current-usa.com or just type the name into amazon and it comes up. I say this one because you can change the color with them, it has a really nice and easy to program timer, it is 2500 lumens, an almost identical price and I have personal experience with them and love them. Personally, I have never had a problem with them. On Amazon, people complain about setting it up. I don't know why, it seems easy to me. Just read the directions, but, I suspect that most problems that people complain about on Amazon could be fixed by doing just that, reading the freaking directions.
I hate to make this thread into a "which brand is better?" thread, but, Current is what I have experience with, so, I will suggest them. They are a little pricey, so, if you have a tight budget, these won't work for you, but, the one that I like the best is roughly the same price as the JBL that you like. There are tons of lights that you can change the light appearance with for all kinds of prices. I, personally don't think that people with planted tanks should skimp on lights, but, I also realize that in the time of Covid, people's budget's are strained. It is almost the same price as the JBL you are looking for, so, that should appeal to you, too. It is $139.95 on Amazon, but, I don't know if you have Amazon, or Prime, but, if you do that is the price.
The Fluval one looks really close to the JBL one that you gave a link for. It is around $200, though, so, idk if that is too expensive for you. It is a blue-tooth LED light, meaning you control it from your phone. This is a personal thing, some like that idea and some don't. People seem to like it (the light itself), but, I have no experience with them, so, I can't comment too much on them. I am sure someone out there can help me with the specifics of them. They have a 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, but, there are some complaints about them. I don't want to start a brand-war
There is Finnex, they are the same price as the JBL one and people seem to like them, for the most part. I do see some people complaining that they don't last long, though. They got 4 out of 5 stars, again on Amazon. The Finnex says that the color temperature is 7oooK. I could NOT find any info on the lumen output for whatever reason. These come with a remote control, too.
I keep saying on Amazon since I have no personal experience with any of these brands and the reviews on Amazon are the best thing that I can think of to see if people like them or not. You could get a 1 out of 5 star light and absolutely love it and you could get a 5 star light and hate it. No guarantees here, just my opinion. All the lights above have timers and you can control the light temperature on all of them, so, you could adjust the color temperature on all of these. I would recommend the Current one, I am sure someone will come and say that Current's suck. This is just my opinion, but, it looks like the JBL has a lot of smaller LED's on it. The Fluval has the same kind of look to it. The Current one has less LED's, but, I am assuming that they are more powerful, but, I don't really know for sure about that. One last point, no matter which one you choose, some people will love it and some will hate it, it is a personal preference. I would just suggest that you get one that you can control the color temperature with and I think that will make you happier with it in the end.
The last one I can recommend is a PopBloom and I do have experience with these. I don't have experience with the ones that have a controller with them, though. The 2 I have came with a simple remote, but, the controllers for these are really nice, at least on paper. They will change the amount of light by season of the year and have a full lunar cycle. Idk if the plants will notice this or not, but, it sure sounds neat! They range in price from $159.99 to $179.99. The other cool thing about these is that if you ask the guy that sells them, he will customize the LED's for you. He only charged me $19 to customize it for me! This means that you can change what LED's you want on the light. Don't like that it doesn't have, oh idk a red light where you would want a blue light? The guy will change that for you! It was actually pretty fun to do this with the guy that sells these and they are really nice lights. He can basically change any light on it on channels 1 and 3, but, not 2 and 4, I think. Look at it on Ebay and in the pics, you can see what lights are on each channel. He can change them based on nanometers, if you want to, that is. Such as changing a 440nm (a blue light) to a 660nm(a red one) light and I had a absolute blast doing this!
There are also T5, T8 and T12's if you would rather have an actual bulb to use. LED's, for better or worse, are the future are aquarium lighting I think that you will just have more and more trouble finding the bulbs as time goes on and just based on that I wouldn't recommend them. It does look like you want an LED, so, that is good news for you, I think. I haven't used an actual bulb in a long time, so, I don't really remember a whole lot about them.
It seems that most of the LED models from the more well-known companies have a 6000K-7000K color temperature, however, it is easily changed with the remote. I have done it with all of my lights.
I guess the important question I have is how much money you want to spend and can you use Amazon or Ebay in your area?

Nick

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode