Beamswork DA FSPEC 48" - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffkrol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beamswork DA FSPEC 48"

I have a 75 gallon planted tank. It has a footprint of 48" x 18". The beamswork da fspec 48" is 3.5" from the top of the water. The water is 18.5" deep. I have a Seneye meter which gives me PAR, PUR%, and a graph of the light reading covering 400-700nm. This unit was reviewed by some reef people and I feel good about the quality.

So here is my question. I am getting PAR reading with the tank full of water and planted along the lines of:

Directly under the light a few inches underwater:

------------------------------------------
At the front glass at the gravel line:

------------------------------------------------

So my question is this. Do I assume the PAR readings are what shows on the meter or should I be taking that PAR number and multiplying it by the PUR percentage to get the true PAR reading that the plants can use?

The reason I am wondering is when I look at the 400-700 graph I see a lot falling in the middle...

Would you call this LOW, MEDIUM, or (obviously not) HIGH LIGHT

I keep coming back to a post about Amano tanks having 50 PAR at the front edge gravel line and I just wonder.

Thanks,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 03:53 AM
Algae Grower

I see the PAR of this LED light on this source, the PAR is 96 at 12-inch depth, measured under a 24-inch fixture. So, I think it works for most types of plants.

Last edited by suppercat; 10-02-2020 at 03:09 AM. Reason: wrong link
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 06:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daa13157 View Post
I have a 75 gallon planted tank. It has a footprint of 48" x 18". The beamswork da fspec 48" is 3.5" from the top of the water. The water is 18.5" deep. I have a Seneye meter which gives me PAR, PUR%, and a graph of the light reading covering 400-700nm. This unit was reviewed by some reef people and I feel good about the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUkufXBb3I&t=8s

So here is my question. I am getting PAR reading with the tank full of water and planted along the lines of:

Directly under the light a few inches underwater:

------------------------------------------
At the front glass at the gravel line:

------------------------------------------------

So my question is this. Do I assume the PAR readings are what shows on the meter or should I be taking that PAR number and multiplying it by the PUR percentage to get the true PAR reading that the plants can use?

The reason I am wondering is when I look at the 400-700 graph I see a lot falling in the middle...

Would you call this LOW, MEDIUM, or (obviously not) HIGH LIGHT

I keep coming back to a post about Amano tanks having 50 PAR at the front edge gravel line and I just wonder.

Thanks,

Dave

Good read..
https://barrreport.com/threads/ada-l...who-knew.4865/
Econde likes this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the good read! I've been actually dialing back my lighting in my 22G, but kept duration the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode