Chihiros E301M - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Chihiros E301M

Hi has anyone used this for planted tank? Description says white has 12k-14k color temp while E301 is 7k and both have the same 1700-1800 lumens. Just wondering if the only difference for E301M is that it has blue lights for Marine tank but also higher color temp. Can i still use this for my fresh water planted tank but turning off blue lights.

- E series LED lighting system - Shanghai Ogino Biotechnology Co.,Ltd

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 04:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi has anyone used this for planted tank? Description says white has 12k-14k color temp while E301 is 7k and both have the same 1700-1800 lumens. Just wondering if the only difference for E301M is that it has blue lights for Marine tank but also higher color temp. Can i still use this for my fresh water planted tank but turning off blue lights.

- E series LED lighting system - Shanghai Ogino Biotechnology Co.,Ltd

Well if you can and if you really want a 12000k look. Really low in red..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yeah they gave me this model and they don't have stock for 301. I was just worried that it wouldn't be that good for the plants. Im going to grow glossotigma and rotala. So only diff for 14k & 8k temp light is the looks of it and doesn't produce more red? But plants would still grow enough or should i say more than enough with 14k?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 05:23 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yeah they gave me this model and they don't have stock for 301. I was just worried that it wouldn't be that good for the plants. Im going to grow glossotigma and rotala. So only diff for 14k & 8k temp light is the looks of it and doesn't produce more red? But plants would still grow enough or should i say more than enough with 14k?

Is that the light? Looks way better than most high K lights..
It doen't look anything like a high K light. more in the line of 6500k
Spectrums just short in red.. Can't show if there is nothing to bounce back at you.

Most find this Kelvin err "dull' because of that. Well one of the reasons. Glare is another.

Plants may grow shorter and bushier than usual but that is just a form thing not a function thing..
14000K will be, normally, flatter in the red zone.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
Is that the light? Looks way better than most high K lights..
It doen't look anything like a high K light. more in the line of 6500k
Spectrums just short in red.. Can't show if there is nothing to bounce back at you.

Most find this Kelvin err "dull' because of that. Well one of the reasons. Glare is another.

Plants may grow shorter and bushier than usual but that is just a form thing not a function thing..
14000K will be, normally, flatter in the red zone.

Definitely looks paler than my T5 light haha. Maybe my eyes just adjusting with this LED. My goal is to have carpeting plant but in a low tech setup and just rellying with the lights and dosings. Would this be more than enough you think? Im just wondering if i get a refund or just stick with this light.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Glossotigma seems to grow upwards. I'm a bit confused now if this light is a high light because according to the website it has 1800 luminus flux and 12-14 kelvin. Lights is on 6hrs a day (4hrs night / 2hrs day). I planted this only 3 days ago. Am i just getting impatient? Or is it my light being for Marine setup?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode