• 1 Post By jeffkrol
  • 1 Post By butchblack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
A.K.A. Fish Room Bum

PTrader: (2/100%)
Dimmer for Beamswork

Hello

I recently acquired a Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Discus, 72", in a trade.

It only powers on. I'm looking for a compatible controller that will allow me to exploit the light. Is there something plug and play that offers more control? I was told there was, but specifics were not provided.

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigityDog70 View Post
Hello

I recently acquired a Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Discus, 72", in a trade.

It only powers on. I'm looking for a compatible controller that will allow me to exploit the light. Is there something plug and play that offers more control? I was told there was, but specifics were not provided.

Thanks,
Simplist..
DigityDog70 likes this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Algae Grower

the model jeff linked to is the old version. this is the new one. it's a dimmer and timer with 15 or 30 min ramp up and down. cheaper too. but you cannot independently control the blue and white leds. supposedly, beamswork has already released a dual channel model.
DigityDog70 likes this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke View Post
the model jeff linked to is the old version. this is the new one. it's a dimmer and timer with 15 or 30 min ramp up and down. cheaper too. but you cannot independently control the blue and white leds. supposedly, beamswork has already released a dual channel model.
Quote:
Beamswork Rise Dim Dual Channel - The Rise Dim Timer module lets you customize gradual ramp up and dim down to replicate a natural 24 hour night and day cycle. This dual channel module allows users to program mode 1 and mode 2 independently. The rise and dim cycles can be programmed in 6 different periods throughout the day along with the intensity that mimics the natural environment.
The Rise Dim Dual Channel is only compatible with pre-wired Beamswork LED light fixtures.
Features:
  • Customize ramp-up and dim-down with 6 settings each day.
  • Dimmer function can be adjusted from 1-100%
  • Ramps up and dims down in 15 or 30 minute cycles.
  • Max wattage: 120W
  • Max voltage: DC 30V
  • Max current: 4A

$16.95...
topdogsellers

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial]

$16.95...
topdogsellers
i actually have the da fspec. what would the tank look like if only the rgb leds are on?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
i actually have the da fspec. what would the tank look like if only the rgb leds are on?

Don't think it's exactly like that unless there is a change.. Pretty sure it was "mode1" all diodes.. "Mode 2" blue moonlight.. but might be wrong.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Don't think it's exactly like that unless there is a change.. Pretty sure it was "mode1" all diodes.. "Mode 2" blue moonlight.. but might be wrong.
well i just tried the blue light switch (far right) and only the blue leds came on. if you want a moonlight, use the light coming off the unit's blue display
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial]

$16.95...
topdogsellers
If someone gets the DA FSPEC and the dual channel timer let me know how you like it. I have a Nicrew classic G2 on the 40B that I'm setting up but really want a ramping light, the RGB is a plus as I find the G2 light too blue and sterile for my viewing preference.

The real fountain of youth is being a musician
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Algae Grower

butch,
i have the single channel timer. i like it a lot and can recommend it. like the 30 min ramp up/down feature. nitpicking: display is too bright and does not ramp going from 80% to 100% and back down to 80% (i can't tell, but fish may).

i think jeff was right that the dual channel has mode1 (all lights on) or only blues (mode2). if it's the case, it's not worth paying 70% more for a feature i won't even use. again, if you want a moonlight, use the display.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
butch,
I have the single channel timer. i like it a lot and can recommend it. like the 30 min ramp up/down feature. nitpicking: display is too bright and does not ramp going from 80% to 100% and back down to 80% (i can't tell, but fish may).

your eye has a hard time "seeing" transitions on the bright end using linear dimming..
https://www.ledinside.com/knowledge/...or_logarithmic
DigityDog70 likes this.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
your eye has a hard time "seeing" transitions on the bright end using linear dimming..
https://www.ledinside.com/knowledge/...or_logarithmic
yes, killa watt showed power between 23.3 and 24.2 watts at 80% and between 30.8and 31.6 wattts at 100%. increases occurred instantaneously, there was no ramping.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
yes, killa watt showed power between 23.3 and 24.2 watts at 80% and between 30.8and 31.6 wattts at 100%. increases occurred instantaneously, there was no ramping.
I'm more concerned whether you can adjust the light colors and then set the ramping feature.
DigityDog70 likes this.

The real fountain of youth is being a musician
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
A.K.A. Fish Room Bum

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:

Thanks moke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DigityDog70; 07-13-2020 at 04:50 PM. Reason: .

Tags
light controller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode