Would you take chihiros vivid 2 or radion xr15fw? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Would you take chihiros vivid 2 or radion xr15fw?

Which one would you prefer for the two?

I need a pair. The chihiros from aliexpress one week post. Xr15fw from local also 4days ship (work out to be similar price) They are for my 5 x 2 x2. If not enough i might need one more. But tank isn’t full planted, its for discus so need room for them to swim. I am going to have a middle island and driftwood with low-med plants.

I have heard ppl having problem chihiros and they dont have white led? They use purely RGB?

I even consider the ai prime 3-4 since i saw this youtube
https://youtu.be/OAtaH4-jxxE

Stay safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Another option and the way I would go is 2x onf flat one+ ww version 60cm version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I have the ONF One Flat+ Blue/White version. I would only go with the Warm/White version if you like it very yellow. The bulbs are yellow and white and the temp range is 3000k to 6500k. Pretty much every other competing light Twinstar, Aquasky, Kessil (tuna sun) operate in a range north of 6000K most 7000K for freshwater planted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Or if you want to keep red plants. Comparing a light that's only rgb to one that's not is apples to oranges.

One is W-RGB the other is B-RGB when it comes to flat one so pick your poison accordingly.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I think we already discussed this. Here is the Blue/White version compared to the ADA and Twinstar. The plants look red to me. The only thing the W/W version will do is make everything more yellow looking.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
I think we already discussed this. Here is the Blue/White version compared to the ADA and Twinstar. The plants look red to me. The only thing the W/W version will do is make everything more yellow looking.

That pic shows you nothing how the thing can actually grow the red plants because the tank was not grown using that light.

That's like me taking a tank grown with the Solar RGB and then slapping a no-name light on it and taking a picture and being see my xxx light is just as good as the Solar RGB.

A 6000-6500K light does not have to look yellow in the slightest. The WW version of the Flat One+ has more red spectrum pump than the B version.

That video shows you pretty much the differences. The WW version might look yellow at the light but the tank itself looks like a crisp white with really popping reds. Meanwhile the blue side the red looks way more subdued.

At 4:16 he sets both units to their respective 6500K. The WW version still looks like a crisper white to me. Plus the WW versions allows you to use a warm white dawn and dusk which will really push the reds while the other one can't do that.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
That pic shows you nothing how the thing can actually grow the red plants because the tank was not grown using that light.

That's like me taking a tank grown with the Solar RGB and then slapping a no-name light on it and taking a picture and being see my xxx light is just as good as the Solar RGB.

A 6000-6500K light does not have to look yellow in the slightest. The WW version of the Flat One+ has more red spectrum pump than the B version.

That video shows you pretty much the differences. The WW version might look yellow at the light but the tank itself looks like a crisp white with really popping reds. Meanwhile the blue side the red looks way more subdued.

At 4:16 he sets both units to their respective 6500K. The WW version still looks like a crisper white to me. Plus the WW versions allows you to use a warm white dawn and dusk which will really push the reds while the other one can't do that.
Do you have the light? Your just going by a video. Difference is I actually have it. When you say it can't grow red plants, I can't take you seriously. The B/W version has been out for around 3 years and has been used by influencers and high-end aquascapers to grow everything including reds. It's just a matter of preference, in fact the company describes the w/w version as warm/cozy for the home and the b/w version as nature aquarium style.

Flat One B/W

As I said from the getgo it's preference, not one can and one can't.

Last edited by Asteroid; 07-06-2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: .
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 06:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

And yet you keep telling people that the one you don't have will make plants look yellow when that is far from the truth.

What does that even mean warm cozy for the home? Why are we even discussing marketing blurbs?

The influencers and pro scapers you cite have also switched to the new ww version but ok...

The WW version has more usable spectrum options for our purposes and that is a fact. If the original B-RGB was good enough then why even release the W-RGB version?

Why say it's a matter of preference and then tell people misinformation about the one you don't have?

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
And yet you keep telling people that the one you don't have will make plants look yellow when that is far from the truth.

What does that even mean warm cozy for the home? Why are we even discussing marketing blurbs?

The influencers and pro scapers you cite have also switched to the new ww version but ok...

The WW version has more usable spectrum options for our purposes and that is a fact. If the original B-RGB was good enough then why even release the W-RGB version?

Why say it's a matter of preference and then tell people misinformation about the one you don't have?

I said from the getgo it's PREFERENCE. The W/W actually has yellow bulbs so it's more yellow, the B/W has Blue bulbs so it's more blue. You keep saying its' W/W for planted as if the other one was for salt water only. One is warm/cozy (I know I laughed when I first saw that) and the other is described as nature aquarium and has been used for years. Many pro's might switch to try the new one because that's what they do. The only thing i said was that the temp of the blue one is more in line with all the other lights out there for planted. Who runs their lights at 3000k (unless in combo with other lights), most run between 6000 and 10K as noted by all the other lights on the market. Are you saying those scapers give false light information for the AGA contest. The growth and look of those plants aren't good enough. Why are they're two lights? PREFERENCE. Why are there a ton of different light versions with other manuf. Why is there 10 flavors of coke.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I said from the getgo it's PREFERENCE. The W/W actually has yellow bulbs so it's more yellow, the B/W has Blue bulbs so it's more blue. You keep saying its' W/W for planted as if the other one was for salt water only. One is warm/cozy (I know I laughed when I first saw that) and the other is described as nature aquarium and has been used for years. Many pro's might switch to try the new one because that's what they do. The only thing i said was that the temp of the blue one is more in line with all the other lights out there for planted. Who runs their lights at 3000k (unless in combo with other lights), most run between 6000 and 10K as noted by all the other lights on the market. Are you saying those scapers give false light information for the AGA contest. The growth and look of those plants aren't good enough. Why are they're two lights? PREFERENCE. Why are there a ton of different light versions with other manuf. Why is there 10 flavors of coke.
I already explained why one would use a 3000K ramp up for dawn and dusk but you chose to ignore it. At the 6500K setting which is what pretty much almost everyone would run them at the two are basically identical except the WW version has a slightly crisper white hue. Also, CCT from one manufacturer is not the same as CCT from another. Twinstar is a 7000-8000K CCT yet it looks more purple than the Aquasky G 7000-8000K which looks blue. Both have same "temp" yet the Twinstar reds pop more. Hell the Solar RGB is 10000-12000K per ADA and yet it makes the reds really pop. Does that mean that all other 10000K lights will look the same? Not even in the slightest.

Saying everyone else has their lights at 7000-8000K is irrelevant because it's never the same across manufacturers.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Your splitting hairs and not being helpful to most people. The OP wanted a light for his discus tank LOL. I showed you a few aquascapes that were grown under the b/w. Sorry not good enough for your high standard. Your insisted the only light to get was the w/w. Ramp up/ramp down is really not an important aspect of growing plants. My light is always between 7500-8500. I actually find the 6500k to warm. IT'S PREFERENCE!!!

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Your splitting hairs and not being helpful to most people. The OP wanted a light for his discus tank LOL. I showed you a few aquascapes that were grown under the b/w. Sorry not good enough for your high standard. Your insisted the only light to get was the w/w. Ramp up/ramp down is really not an important aspect of growing plants. My light is always between 7500-8500. I actually find the 6500k to warm. IT'S PREFERENCE!!!
Discus look better in warmer lights so yes the WW version is better for his purposes.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Discus look better in warmer lights so yes the WW version is better for his purposes.
lOL, I bow to the Light Whisperer. Who mistakes his preference for fact.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
lOL, I bow to the Light Whisperer. Who mistakes his preference for fact.
You seriously going to argue this? Go on simply discus and pretty much everyone will tell you this. Most everyone on there regards the BML Discus spectrum as one of the best looking lights ever made and it was a 5000K light.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 08:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
You seriously going to argue this? Go on simply discus and pretty much everyone will tell you this. Most everyone on there regards the BML Discus spectrum as one of the best looking lights ever made and it was a 5000K light.
Give it up all ready. Each light will grow all aquatic plants we know. Beyond that is PREFERENCE.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode