• 1 Post By chicken.nublet
  • 1 Post By sm1ke
  • 1 Post By mourip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Burned twice by Chihiros product.

I purchased a $230 WRGB II 600 LED - the green light overheats. $81 to ship back.
This came with the Doctor Mate $50 which doesn't work at all. I got $0 refund according to Aliexpress when I filed a dispute. No reason given.

According to Chichiros, if there's no local distributor, buy at your own risk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 07:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
When you're buying from AliExpress (or even eBay at times), you don't really expect a return, or a refund. What you could do is try a charge back with your credit card company.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Kandomere likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
20 Gallon jungle tank
2.8 Gallon Fluval Spec
2.5 Gallon DHG shrimp tank
2 Gallon Sparkling Gourami underworld

RAOK CLUB #0
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 08:49 PM
Algae Grower

I'm sorry to hear it, thats why i don't use these online markets, I know that sometimes it's the only choice for some people, but man, I learned no to put money on something that is coming from a world wide market. Simply because that's the same of driving a car, without steering wheel, in a curved road, with no taxes applied to the road safety.

Kandomere likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raith View Post
When you're buying from AliExpress (or even eBay at times), you don't really expect a return, or a refund. What you could do is try a charge back with your credit card company.

I filed a dispute with my CC. it will take a while. I should have used paypal, they seem to act quicker.

I have since replaced both with a Twinstar brand since my local ADA store is a distributor. I hope they work.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandomere View Post
I filed a dispute with my CC. it will take a while. I should have used paypal, they seem to act quicker.

I have since replaced both with a Twinstar brand since my local ADA store is a distributor. I hope they work.

The brand, in my opinion, is not the problem, I would say the problem is the distributors. I also don't think PayPal would have acted any quicker, I have had to file certain complaints, etc with them and they took over two months to get it resolved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
20 Gallon jungle tank
2.8 Gallon Fluval Spec

RAOK CLUB #0
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raith View Post
The brand, in my opinion, is not the problem, I would say the problem is the distributors. I also don't think PayPal would have acted any quicker, I have had to file certain complaints, etc with them and they took over two months to get it resolved.
maybe but that's 2 - 0 for me. I'm not taking another chance. Twinstar is in the same price range. the app just don't work. it's supposed to get instruction/setting from the cloud, like KASA, or at least store it in memory once it disconnects from your phone. It forgets. Their stuff looks nice and well built. I give them that. but that's about it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

I like Twinstar, but I don't have their electronics, I have their tubes, and diffusers, etc. They're nicely made.

20 Gallon jungle tank
2.8 Gallon Fluval Spec

RAOK CLUB #0
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 10:43 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Did you get it from Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco?

I recently received a Twinstar 600SA from them. I really recommend AFA as a vendor. I had an issue with the first one not fitting my tank correctly due to a design oversight and they cross shipped me very quickly. Very nice light also. You have made a good choice.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourip View Post
Did you get it from Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco?

I recently received a Twinstar 600SA from them. I really recommend AFA as a vendor. I had an issue with the first one not fitting my tank correctly due to a design oversight and they cross shipped me very quickly. Very nice light also. You have made a good choice.
Yes, I got the 600SP and a ramp controller from Amazon. I use UNS hanging bar from Buceplant.

https://i.imgur.com/He0k3sz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XbYv402.jpg
mourip likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 05:06 AM
Planted Member

That's unfortunate, I had a pretty good experience with Chihiros. There is a local distributor for their stuff where I'm from but I ordered directly from them since it was cheaper even after shipping.

I didn't order from AliExpress though, I got mine from their online store on Tmall, which I think is operated by the brand themselves. AliExpress and Tmall are all owned by Alibaba of course but you might have better luck ordering from a different platform.

In any case I hope you've managed to get a light that you like.
Kandomere likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Algae Grower

I've had excellent service from AliExpress (at least, in terms of service that you can expect from a reseller like AliExpress). So far ordered a total of four LED light bars from them - one Chihiros A-series, and three unbranded RGB LED units. I had an issue with the most recent RGB LED units (pictures showed a different type of LED and a different board compared to the unit I received). I filed a counterfeit product claim and they reimbursed me in full, and I didn't have to ship any product back. I also ordered a few LED T8 tubes, and when a couple of them arrived damaged or in obviously used condition, I filed a claim and again, got a full refund for them without having to pay to ship anything back. I guess I've just been lucky.
Kandomere likes this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 02:33 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Yes, I got the 600SP and a ramp controller from Amazon. I use UNS hanging bar from Buceplant.

https://i.imgur.com/He0k3sz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XbYv402.jpg
That is a nice bar. I also liked a YouTube video by Jurijs Jutjajevs where he demoed a "yo yo" type hanging mount which had two "yo yo" pulleys attached to an Ikea ceiling mount drapery track. Made it very easy to move the light up for cleaning and gave you basically infinite height adjustment.

Best luck with your struggles to get your money back.
Kandomere likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode