Finnex planted + 24/7 HLC ramp up/co2 - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 12:45 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningendou View Post
So i took my tank down. Way too much melting and algae for my schedule. I probably could have reversed it, but just got lazy to. I am rescaping (again), and im pretty sure the major melting and algae was due to a combination of light and co2. More the light schedule if anything.
Iíll be running pretty much the same plants, Black Seiryu, and manzanita wood.
@ChuckM I get home around 4pm, Iíve been trying to input a good light schedule around that. What setting would you input for the 3pm slot? You can include a dawn/dusk schedule if you want, as i will eventually max the photoperiod in the future.
Also, i have read around that you should start light at 4hours, at 50% intensity for a new tank, when would you start increasing duration and intensity of light if i were to start this way?
@Gunny Nice tank! And awesome looking plants!
Thank you. I ended up changing my scedhule a smidge.
12 am all off
3 am all off
9am all off
12 pm 1 or 2 white 3 red
3 pm all on
6 pm all on da fspec on for 1 hr at 70%
9pm 1 blue

On that scedhule it starts ramping on at 830 ish. And is off by 1115. The green. Hair algae I was having on some of the stems may have been due to co2 being low. I just refilled my bottle and the first 2 days I have seen some better results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 04:58 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningendou View Post
So i took my tank down. Way too much melting and algae for my schedule. I probably could have reversed it, but just got lazy to. I am rescaping (again), and im pretty sure the major melting and algae was due to a combination of light and co2. More the light schedule if anything.
Iíll be running pretty much the same plants, Black Seiryu, and manzanita wood.
@ChuckM I get home around 4pm, Iíve been trying to input a good light schedule around that. What setting would you input for the 3pm slot? You can include a dawn/dusk schedule if you want, as i will eventually max the photoperiod in the future.
Also, i have read around that you should start light at 4hours, at 50% intensity for a new tank, when would you start increasing duration and intensity of light if i were to start this way?
@Gunny Nice tank! And awesome looking plants!

Hey man, sorry for not replying. For some reason I haven't been getting email alerts of follow-ups.
My schedule is based on when the sun comes up and when I want all lights off. Midday is all lights on. Pretty simplistic But I have to say, right now I'm considering adapting the default 24 hour cycle that comes on the light. They use a schedule that's probably more scientific than mine as it emphasizes different light colors at different times of day. At least it shows more thouht than mine.
The following came from a YT video where he got the actual light settings from Finnex they use for this:
(That Fish Place - That Pet Place)
Attached Images

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode